Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Whats a popular light you mount behind the grille?

Old 11-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
timsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a popular light you mount behind the grille?

Hey guys whats a popular fog light you put behind the grille??? Just another option for my grille plans???

see post #13
Old 11-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: TAYLOR
08chocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsxr View Post
Hey guys whats a popular fog light you put behind the grille??? Just another option for my grille plans???
subbed. thinking the say thing. HELLA's?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
kbx10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
kbx10's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, I am putting Hella Black Magic's behind when I get them for Christmas.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Hellas are pretty cheap so many have them.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
LoosePikkel is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
LoosePikkel's Tacoma Gallery
Strobe Light!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
timsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbx10 View Post
subbed, I am putting Hella Black Magic's behind when I get them for Christmas.

Thats what i was looking for PERFECT!!!!! and they are a great price!!!
Black when off super clean look!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #7

kbx10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsxr View Post
Thats what i was looking for PERFECT!!!!! and they are a great price!!!
Black when off super clean look!
Yeah I found the whole package for $119 and pretty stoked.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Any particular reason people put the lights behind the grille? Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but I mean, for optimum light output, wouldnt it be best in front, so the mesh screen doesnt knock down any light? Or is there no noticeable difference between lights in front and behind the mesh grille?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Michael
WaGood24's Tacoma Gallery
How do you wire the lights in, whether it be behind a grill or on a lightbar? Calling me a mechanical novice would be generous. So I'm wondering if it's simple enough for me to do myself.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #10
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
hella 500...like $70 at walmart, plus easily upgradable to HID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
Any particular reason people put the lights behind the grille? Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but I mean, for optimum light output, wouldnt it be best in front, so the mesh screen doesnt knock down any light? Or is there no noticeable difference between lights in front and behind the mesh grille?
the mesh makes very little difference since they're mounted so close to the grill. the ones mounted behind my grill were brighter than my PIAAs on my bar when they were stock, now that they're HID they blow the PIAAs out of the water
Old 11-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
PIAA 520s behind the satosh!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #13

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
Im sur you guys all know what im up too by now this is what i am thinking using the hella black 500 with this grill blacked out with the mounting tabs welded into place would be super clean for this style im working on three grilles now

-Satosh insert
-mx style bolt in
-mx style bolt in with hella black 500 lights

with lights

tabs for lights welded behind grille

the lights
http://www.myhellalights.com/files/1...k_magic_02.png
Old 11-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #14

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
PIAA 520s behind the satosh!

I want your truck!!!lol
Old 11-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #15
LoosePikkel is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
LoosePikkel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaGood24 View Post
How do you wire the lights in, whether it be behind a grill or on a lightbar? Calling me a mechanical novice would be generous. So I'm wondering if it's simple enough for me to do myself.
Me and a Buddy just installed 4 Hella 500's on a N-Fab light bar with a OEM fog light switch on my 07 TRD OR Access Cab. If you like I can help you with the wiring schematics. It's really pretty simple, just time consuming. Do it yourself FER SHER. Let me know.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #16
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Michael
WaGood24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoosePikkel View Post
Me and a Buddy just installed 4 Hella 500's on a N-Fab light bar with a OEM fog light switch on my 07 TRD OR Access Cab. If you like I can help you with the wiring schematics. It's really pretty simple, just time consuming. Do it yourself FER SHER. Let me know.
Thanks I'll let you know if I make it that far.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #17

kbx10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoosePikkel View Post
Any quick tips you have? I want to wire them down to the blank I have above the cup holders, by the cigarette lighter.