Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

paint for bhlm question...

Old 11-26-2010, 02:19 AM   #1
hawkman is on a distinguished road

hawkman's Tacoma Gallery
Question paint for bhlm question...

I've looked at some of the write ups on the bhlm and haven't seen anything about primer or clear coat, am i just lookin over these steps are do u just use black paint alone?
Old 11-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
You can use whatever you'd like. I think the Krylon fusion is designed for plastic...so primer and/or adhesion promoter aren't needed I don't think. And clear coat isn't really needed cause it's inside the lens- so it doesn't need the extra wear resistance.

Edit- I didn't mention that you can use those things if you want tho. Clear coat can add more shine to the paint....Primer never really hurts anything I don't think...
Old 11-26-2010, 04:49 AM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i think i used kyrlons clear plastic promoter first.the paint is meant for plastic but i took the extra step to make sure i didnt have to do it again.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:51 AM   #4
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
i used krylon fusion satin black paint and has lasted two years with no primer etc... great paint and slight sheen to it
Old 11-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
I wet sanded the chrome off first to get to the plastic. It's a very thin coating and comes off quick.

Primed with Duplicolor adhesion promoter.

Painted with 3 coats of color matched paint.

No clear coat since it was being protected by the headlight lens.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Rustoleum falt black from Home Depot gives a good finish. Ive used Krylon fusion and did not like The finish. I never used primer and lights have turned out great.