Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Wiring ideas and fuse boxes?

Old 11-27-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring ideas and fuse boxes?

Hey, I am no wiring expert, but I would like to do a few mods and I want to do it up right, and i'm looking for your suggestions/input.

I currently have bed lights wired up in the small cubbys in the bed, but I was thinking about adding a light bar with lights that point backwards for backing up purposes, catfishing, tailgating, etc. and also possibly add some interior lights (center console, floor lights). I want to be able to control the lights in the drivers seat, being able to turn each accessory on and off as i please and plan on hooking them up on individual switches. Also in the future, I plan on upgrading my stereo system w/ sub(s) and an amp.

It seems like my battery terminals will be getting filled up quickly, so is there another way to keep it cleaned up and consolidate everything into a fuse box or something else?? I'd rather not get a second battery. What should I do?!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Oh you can buy a secondary fuse box then run a heavy feed to that. Then fuses then off to the devices.Then from there off to the switches then to ground. There is a Basic Wiring thread here. Lots of tips. Should read that first.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...reference.html