Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Snow/Ice buildup on Headlights... RainX?

Old 11-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
SmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SmilingMark's Tacoma Gallery
Snow/Ice buildup on Headlights... RainX?

Well, driving home for the SLC airport last night was quite fun. I dig the new truck in the snow.

I've put in Morimoto Mini's HID projectors and noticed I just wasn't getting the light I wanted last night. AFter I got home, I saw the snow/ice and salt build up on the outside lenses.

Any tricks to preventing this? Waxing lenses? RainX on the lenses?
Old 11-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Eventually the salt will build up, I keep paper towels with me and wipe them down every few hours or so. Rain-X or wax will help because the salt will stick to the wax or Rain-X, making it easier to clean but it won't prevent it by any means.