1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID Lighting Poll...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jrdbrn, Nov 29, 2010.

?

HID

Poll closed Dec 29, 2010.
  1. IDGAF

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. They blind me

24 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. They don't bother me

53 vote(s)
    44.9%
  4. Tacoes

20 vote(s)
    16.9%
  1. Dec 13, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    builthatch

builthatch MiG-21 superfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony Mandarich
    near the ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    '11 SSM SR5 6 speed 4x4
    Hella DOT wattage high performance 9003 headlight bulbs, Optilux by Hella XY h10 fog light bulbs, Suntek HP50 tint, AFE Stage II Si intake
  2. Dec 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM
    x ynot

x ynot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    lucedale, ms
    Vehicle:
    06 xrunner and 99 prerunner
    step side k&n air filter tool box and running boards
    they dont bother me i love them ordering heads and fogs soon

3. Dec 25, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I have HID's in my headlights and fogs right now. I aimed my headlights a tad bit lower after the install and they are just fine. I'll have to admit, the fogs do get pretty friggin bright so I lowered those a tad as well but I know they are still super bright.:eek: I'm getting a real retro mod so that will fix the problem.;)

4. Dec 25, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    weazel

weazel Well-Known Member

Member:
    I like this forum for it's content of Tacoma lifting and repairing and such. It's amazing how stupid the comments can be about a thread someone post. The guy is driving 55mph and someone comes up on him going much faster over the speed limit, He sits on his ass and blinds him cause he is an idiot. Grow up and realize it can be very annoying when some dumb ass can't figure out his lights need adjustment and blinding people. Being as old as dirt blinding light is not only annoying to old people but it does cause some discomfort to some.

5. Dec 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    I dislike illegal HID light so much I try to write at least one illegal headlight ticket a night in the Houston area and almost always to lifted trucks as they are the worst and no pickups came with factory HIDs and they are the worst about blinding people. How is that for a run on sentance?

No problem with HIDs in a legal housing.

6. Dec 26, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    thats why you should have a professional retrofit done aim them correctly and then everybody is better off.

7. Dec 29, 2010 at 1:32 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Yeah the other night my wife and I had a guy in a lifted Chevy come up behind us, and his HIDs were unbelieveably blinding in the rearview mirror. The danger he posed to oncoming traffic was significant. I applaud when the cops pull those guys over and ticket them. Offroad lights, no problem. Supplementing your high beams with driving lights for those dark stretches of lonely road, no problem. But when your replace the OEMS with HID kits that are brighter on low than the OEMS are on high, you create a danger. It may look cool, but if it compromises other people's safety. It's also very important to note that if your aftermarket HIDs blind someone and cause an accident, you can be held accountable. If there is injury or death, you can be held criminally liable.

Products Discussed in

To Top