HID Lighting Poll...

View Poll Results: HID
IDGAF 21 17.80%
They blind me 24 20.34%
They don't bother me 53 44.92%
Tacoes 20 16.95%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
HID Lighting Poll...

I am noticing more and more that people are putting HID lights on their cars, trucks, etc that are not stock. They tend to blind the fuck out of me when they're behind or coming towards me. I, for one, hope they get banned, but I no they won't. I understood they were illegal if they were not stock, but what truth is that? For example, I was driving home the other night and someone caught up to me ( was going 65 in a 55 ) and was riding my tail close enough where the lights were going straight through my cab. I had to turn down my rear view mirror and turn out my side mirrors. Best part is the asshole wouldn't pass me when I slowed down to 50.

So, how do you feel when someone has them and is blinding you?

/sort-a-rant.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
it's not HIDs that are the problem. improperly-aimed halogens can be just as bad. it call comes down to doing it right. you'll never ever have a problem with HIDs and HID projectors when they're aimed right. it's when people throw HIDs into halogen projectors or reflector bowls that it gets damn annoying
Old 11-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
You should've brake checked his ass!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
just go even slower and piss em off
Old 11-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry dude, but I don't sympathize with ya. I love te HID's and if people would just move over the wouldn't have to complain so much. They personally don't bother me.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Other things to worry about...
Old 11-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
BPachom is on a distinguished road

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
I am noticing more and more that people are putting HID lights on their cars, trucks, etc that are not stock. They tend to blind the fuck out of me when they're behind or coming towards me. I, for one, hope they get banned, but I no they won't. I understood they were illegal if they were not stock, but what truth is that? For example, I was driving home the other night and someone caught up to me ( was going 65 in a 55 ) and was riding my tail close enough where the lights were going straight through my cab. I had to turn down my rear view mirror and turn out my side mirrors. Best part is the asshole wouldn't pass me when I slowed down to 50.

So, how do you feel when someone has them and is blinding you?

/sort-a-rant.

If you are in the fast (left lane) and someone comes up behind you (caught up to you because you are driving slower than them) you should move over to the middle lane. Be courteous and move to the center lane, let the vehicles pass.

Can't stand when people enter on a highway and instantly move into the left lane, meanwhile, there is no one in front of them in the right and middle lanes. They just have to get into the left lane and worse off, they stay there even when someone catches up to them and the are not traveling as fast.

Most states have a law where left lane is for passing only. If there is no one in the center lane, that's where you should be.

JMO
Old 11-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPachom View Post
If you are in the fast (left lane) and someone comes up behind you (caught up to you because you are driving slower than them) you should move over to the middle lane. Be courteous and move to the center lane, let the vehicles pass.

Can't stand when people enter on a highway and instantly move into the left lane, meanwhile, there is no one in front of them in the right and middle lanes. They just have to get into the left lane and worse off, they stay there even when someone catches up to them and the are not traveling as fast.

Most states have a law where left lane is for passing only. If there is no one in the center lane, that's where you should be.

JMO
It was a 2 lane highway. Good assumption.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
It was a 2 lane highway. Good assumption.
It does not matter. Fast lane = left lane, old farts and women on the right lane.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:04 AM   #11
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
its not that bad but at times it does bug me, some stupid people dont adjust their headlights but then again maybe some people do it on purpose, not sure but its not that bad
Old 11-30-2010, 12:08 AM   #12
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Well I don't have a problem with brighter lights coming at me. As stated in my student driving handbook If the on coming driver light is bright, look towards the right of the road and use your peripheral to judge distance.

If you are going 60-65 in the fast lane or carpool and the traffic to the right is passing you, You are getting my special treatment...All my lights gets turned on.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #13
Quakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud of

EMS: EMT
Name: Eddie
Quakee's Tacoma Gallery
Ever since I lifted my truck no ones headlights bother me. In fact, I'm usually the one blinding people with my stock headlights since they now sit higher, and I don't feel like adjusting them. I KNOW I blind people because I always see them adjusting their mirrors, so I keep a good distance, unless you're driving below the speed limit or slow in the fast lanes. Then you get the special treatment without me even touching my high beams. =]

*edit: Oh yeah, my taco also has that auto-dimming rear view mirror. It's actually pretty cool.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:17 AM   #14
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
It does not matter. Fast lane = left lane, old farts and women on the right lane.
2 lane highway= 2 total lanes my friend. no passing lanes.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:39 AM   #15
JLamb11 will become famous soon enough

JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
HIDs are too useful for dark roads and night ffroadin that I would never give mine up. I do think, however, that having a 6" lift and HIDs comes with some amount of responsibility. I mean you can only do so much, but unless they deserve it, keep off peoples ass. Also, if I am at a light that I know I will be at for a while, I shut mine off. I get some funny faces but I hope some appreciate it
Old 11-30-2010, 04:17 AM   #16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
Then drive on the shoulder and let them go by if it was that big of a deal. You're in a truck, it'll throw debris from the shoulder at them or dust and shit if shoulder isn't paved. That should make them go on around, take pleasure in it and focus on more important things in life than how bright someone else's headlights are. If you can't beat'em then join'em and git you some too.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
Here in Florida, slower traffic needs to move right or you're getting a citation. Also, the left lane is used for passing.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:05 AM   #18
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
He's talking about a road with 1 single lane in both directions.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #19
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Clean the sand out of your vagina. If you're blinded by lights (HID or halogen) while driving, you should be a smart enough person to figure out how to look away. If you aren't, then you're too dumb to be driving and I hope they ban idiots from driving because I don't want to share the road with you. As for the whole 2 lane highway thing, here in Texas slower traffic will move to the shoulder to allow faster traffic to pass if it isn't open for passing in the other lane. Maybe it's just Texas, but we all seem to be a little more courteous to our fellow drivers. (At least outside of the big 4. DFW, Houston, Austin and San Antonio)
Old 11-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #20
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
well most people are to ignorant to know that after you lift your truck you cand adjust the position of your lenses like i have and i dont ever get flashed.