Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Offroad lights behind grill

Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
jswmsw10 is a jewel in the roughjswmsw10 is a jewel in the roughjswmsw10 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jeremy
jswmsw10's Tacoma Gallery
Offroad lights behind grill

I just installed a mesh grill in my taco. And was looking for some offroad lights to put behind the grill, but never bought em before. Not sure which kinda to buy that are that slim but still bright as h***. Anyone know?
Old 11-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
I mounted some Hella 500's behind my mesh grill. They fit nicely but suck as far as light output goes.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
everything you need to know...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ow-w-pics.html

I used his write up to convert Hella 700's to HID. The 700's are 8inches, where the 500's are 6inches- i believe. But only a couple bucks more, and they fill the grille a little more, which i think looks better. Check my build for pics of my set up.

Hope this helps.

edit: you can get HID kits from DDMtuning.com for pretty cheap. That plus the hellas, still comes in cheaper than most of the brighter offroad lights, and WAY below the cost of any other HID set up.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
hella 500's and convert them to HID. cant go wrong that way.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
can you just switch the 55w bulbs to a 100w bulbs on the 500ff? link to the bulbs?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #6
Average JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to behold

Army: 4ID
Name: Matt
Average JOE's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

There was a group buy for hells already converted to hid. 160 for a pair of 500's.
Not a bad deal. I wish I would have waited. It would have saved me time and stress trying to convert mine. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
jswmsw10 is a jewel in the roughjswmsw10 is a jewel in the roughjswmsw10 is a jewel in the rough
Where you buy this kit of 500s at for 600?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #8
160*
Old 01-26-2011, 02:17 AM   #9
Average JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to behold

Army: 4ID
Name: Matt
Average JOE's Tacoma Gallery
Search the group buy section and look for the hid group buy. Its such a good price too.