LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Emergency lighting

Old 12-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #21
southerntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
southerntaco889's Tacoma Gallery
How bout this? Got a 6" LED in the scoop and Sho-Me hideaway strobes in the heads and tails. 1 in each headlight and 2 in each tail; one in the red and one in the reverse/white that alternate. Heres the link to my thread where we discussed it theres a video of em runnin on a stupid pattern near the end of the thread. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...sasembley.html
Old 12-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #22
FVFAC 13 RESCUE SQUAD 8 CHESTERTOWN 6
Tacomamedicman13 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: EMT-B/FF
Name: John
Tacomamedicman13's Tacoma Gallery
i like your set up its nice and clean and prob moves some traffic the hold thing is wiring all that and not running out of 12v for it and cutting the holes for the stobes
Old 12-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #23
southerntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomamedicman13 View Post
i like your set up its nice and clean and prob moves some traffic the hold thing is wiring all that and not running out of 12v for it and cutting the holes for the stobes
Cuttin the holes was nothin. What u mean having a problem running out of 12V?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #24
FFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really nice
Name: Dan
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntaco889 View Post
Cuttin the holes was nothin. What u mean having a problem running out of 12V?
Would you mind telling us where you drilled for the strobes? I'm planning on doing my install very soon. Pics would be awesome as well.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #25
trdtaco10 will become famous soon enough

trdtaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Check into Sound Off Signal. They are by far some of the brightest lights I have ever used/seen! I have a 4 head sound off ultralite that is as bright as an 8 head I used to have and both are/were gen 3 leds.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #26
i mean like the 12 volt jackets for the lights how do you make sure you dont have to many or run out of places to put them
Old 12-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #27
where do you recomend to buy led lights that are good but cheap?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRNDAN View Post
Would you mind telling us where you drilled for the strobes? I'm planning on doing my install very soon. Pics would be awesome as well.
If you check out that link I posted above you can see the tubes stickin through the bottom of the bucket. The only thing I dont like is since its 2 layers thick right there you can kinda see into the headlight but only if you get right up on it. Nobody else has noticed yet.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #29

Quote:
i mean like the 12 volt jackets for the lights how do you make sure you dont have to many or run out of places to put them
I don't understand the question i'm sorry. If you're talkin about running out of 12V outlets to run all that? I have everything straight wired through relays and switches. Sorry i'm not getting the question.

Quote:
where do you recomend to buy led lights that are good but cheap?
I got all mine through a buddy of mine that does all the work on the SO and FD's vehicles for the county. I've asked him about getting some for other people and he wont because they'll get mad at him if he gets caught but check ot Strobes n' More.com they got some Whelen knockoffs that I've heard are really good and they have the same warranty on em that Whelen does. They bout 20 buck cheaper per light too depending on the size you get.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #30
Thanks man thats what i mean i will have to hard wire it all then instead of using the 12v cuss there are only 2 in the truck and i have 2 spliters on them already and dont want to over load it yeah i have heard of strobes n more thats were i got mine amber light bar.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Thanks man thats what i mean i will have to hard wire it all then instead of using the 12v cuss there are only 2 in the truck and i have 2 spliters on them already and dont want to over load it yeah i have heard of strobes n more thats were i got mine amber light bar.
O ok then lol, glad I figured it out and could help. I actually don't use the 12V outlets for anything but phone chargers. Everything that I have in my truck is hard wired to a auxilliary fuse block that I have under the hood for all my goodies. I hate having plugs sticking out everywhere. Makes for a much safer and cleaner setup. But to each his own lol. Im just OCD I think when it comes to doing installs on things. I spent almost a week during the afternoons after work putting in my strobes cause I wanted my cables run a certain way and my power supply mounted a certain way. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! If I can help any way just let me know. I'm more than happy to answer any questions I can.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #32
Thanks i appericate it id like to hard wire everything just dont know how to do it im new to all this stuff and add switches and all i have ocd too when it comes to wires trust me its got to be perfect and neat.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #33
How hard is it to make the top break light into a strobe light?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #34
Whaaat?
Jay W. is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Vounteer Fireman: Walker McElmoyle #16
Name: Jay
Jay W.'s Tacoma Gallery
Is there room for a strobe up there? I don't think I hide-away would fit up there very well, but you'd also have to rout a thick strobe cable up to the brake light also.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #35
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
Here you can see how I had my Talon mounted to the headliner. Started off using the suction cup bracket below the mirror but it blocked my vision to much. Mounted where it is in this picture you can't even see it outside when it's off, it's blocked by the black dot thingies on the windshield.

Thats insane!! (the switches i mean..) Any info or more pics about that?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #36
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Thats insane!! (the switches i mean..) Any info or more pics about that?
x2
Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #37
I was not sure if there was a way to get the brake light to flash up there at all and how hard was it to wire those swithes?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #38
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
you could get the third brake light to flash with a wig wag flasher or any flasher, just have to run a wires from the third brake to the flasher..
Old 12-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #39
Thank you that should work so any wig wag system would work for it and just hard wire it to the flashers?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #40

I strongly advise against putting strobes in your 3rd light. I did that on my last truck and left em on for maybe 10 minutes at a quick EMS call and they melted the lens majorly! The wig wag idea should work though. Just wire it into the same switch you run everything else off of. That way you wont have a million switches in the cab.