Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Emergency lighting

Old 12-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #41
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomamedicman13 View Post
Thank you that should work so any wig wag system would work for it and just hard wire it to the flashers?
right. you need to splice the wig wag into the third brake wires. you could get the 2 outer bulbs to alternate with the middle one or all together but technically wouldnt be wig-wagging lol.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #42
FVFAC 13 RESCUE SQUAD 8 CHESTERTOWN 6
Tacomamedicman13 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: EMT-B/FF
Name: John
Tacomamedicman13's Tacoma Gallery
you guys are alot of help it means alot the only problem i got is i have no idea how to do all this haha im going to have to learn some how is it easy to do
Old 12-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #43
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
So dumb question... I've wired my off-road/aux lights before, so I kind of get the concept.

But, to wire wig-wags or strobes in the E-flashers, is there a lot of difference in wiring? Special relays? What exacly would be needed to get them working?
Old 12-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #44
Good question thats mine too how to go about all of this i need help lol!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #45
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
when you buy like a whelen wig-wag flasher for example, that is everything u need. you run your power,switch,ground wires to it and then wire the wig-wag into whatever lights you choose like brake, reverse, turns whatever. google it and read the pdf. its easier than u think.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #46
jerry74 will become famous soon enoughjerry74 will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: DRIVER,DISPATCHER,PRESIDENT OF DEPT
Name: JERRY
jerry74's Tacoma Gallery
LED'S are the best....a little more in $$$....but will last you a long time.....I got one in the windshield and love it
Old 12-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #47
yeah leds are the way to go they last forever and very low power drain off the battery and are way brighter
Old 12-16-2010, 07:32 AM   #48
jerry74's Tacoma Gallery
can you put a lightbar on or are you limited to windshield only?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #49
do you mean a light bar on top of the truck? i can but id rather keep it undercover looking and then hit it and have it light up im looking into running boards then put leds on there
Old 12-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #50
timallen27 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Weapons Director
Name: Tim
timallen27's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for a Green (NYS EMT) LED mini lightbar. I have a Federal Signal dual rotator (bubble gum machine) now...looks rediculous. If anyone is looking to get rid of one, let me know. Also, where can I find a good deal on Strobes?
Old 12-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #51
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
Whelen CenCom Gold with 6 TR3's, 46'' LFL liberty & a Slim Lighter in the windshield. I still have 6 Vertex's to install. This set up works well for me!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #52
hutchg is on a distinguished road
hutchg's Tacoma Gallery
Talon mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
Here you can see how I had my Talon mounted to the headliner. Started off using the suction cup bracket below the mirror but it blocked my vision to much. Mounted where it is in this picture you can't even see it outside when it's off, it's blocked by the black dot thingies on the windshield.

Would you share more information about how your Talon is mounted, please?

Thanks
Hutch
Old 12-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #53
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Well finally figured out how I was going to run my lights I have been wondering for quite some time.

Im getting a phantom undercover, red red for the front.

Either the same for the back or 2-4 (6-8 inch) lights for the back glass.

Then not sure on a siren but it will be 200watt so I can run 2 loudspeakers.

Going to wire it all up, and put the siren/cb/light switches in the middle console.

Ideas on that/advice/opinions?
Old 12-20-2010, 06:05 AM   #54
jerry74's Tacoma Gallery
do you really need 2 speakers
Old 12-20-2010, 07:06 AM   #55
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Do I NEED them?

No, could they help?

Yes.

One high one low.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #56
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I would get made fun of so bad if I showed up to the fire house with lights and a siren on my Tacoma. Not to mention my LT would prolly send me home. What ever happed to ridding the Big ass red truck? We don't allow POV's on scene anyway unless it is the BC rolling in his expedition.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #57
We run code to station, we are allowed to run code to the scene if we are driving by it.

My theory on that is why stop if i have none of my gear and I have to stand there and wait for the big red truck?

We do ride the big red fire truck, quicker we get to the station quicker we get to the scene.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #58
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
I would get made fun of so bad if I showed up to the fire house with lights and a siren on my Tacoma. Not to mention my LT would prolly send me home. What ever happed to ridding the Big ass red truck? We don't allow POV's on scene anyway unless it is the BC rolling in his expedition.
Yeah, it's all local. In California, I don't think I saw ANY private vehicles tricked out w/ lights. Certainly not sirens.

Not sure how I feel about driving code in my POV... does your personal insurance cover you in an accident? Does the department you work for? Are you "qualified" in your vehicle? I mean, they typically make you do an EVOC course for the trucks and engines, right? Did you EVOC in your Tacoma? What 'standards' do you need on your vehicle to conform to local and state ordinances for an ''emergency vehicle'' if indeed you're allowed to run code to a call?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:59 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Yeah, it's all local. In California, I don't think I saw ANY private vehicles tricked out w/ lights. Certainly not sirens.

Not sure how I feel about driving code in my POV... does your personal insurance cover you in an accident? Does the department you work for? Are you "qualified" in your vehicle? I mean, they typically make you do an EVOC course for the trucks and engines, right? Did you EVOC in your Tacoma? What 'standards' do you need on your vehicle to conform to local and state ordinances for an ''emergency vehicle'' if indeed you're allowed to run code to a call?
Im not 100% certain on all those questions because I do not run code yet but I can tell you what I do know.

I think our insurance does I will ask.

We are qualified we have to take the EVOC course for the trucks and for our POV, it totals up to 12 hours I think it is. (for our basic)

Our vehicles have to be checked out yearly I think they said, brakes, tires, all the components to make sure they are a safe vehicle.

We dont just get lights and run we do through training. It also depends on the call we dont run code to station on every call.

I have only seen one person actually go to the scene, they got there right after the engine, that was because they worked down the street. He had his gear in his car.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #60
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
We run code to station, we are allowed to run code to the scene if we are driving by it.

My theory on that is why stop if i have none of my gear and I have to stand there and wait for the big red truck?

We do ride the big red fire truck, quicker we get to the station quicker we get to the scene.
Im not making fun of anyone I want to make that clear. Its just different to me. Our vollie Departments are the only ones who do that here, but even still they have stations manned. When I am at home there is no way in hell someone is getting me to the station unless its time for OT But we run 24 hour shifts.