Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Bhlm question

Old 12-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
hawkman is on a distinguished road

hawkman's Tacoma Gallery
Question Bhlm question

How long do I let the paint dry before I put the headlight back together? I read somethin about a haze appearing for not lettin the paint dry long enough.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
How long do I let the paint dry before I put the headlight back together? I read somethin about a haze appearing for not lettin the paint dry long enough.
Read Viet's BHLM write-up in the lighting section and bake them like he says. That eliminates the threat of a haze appearing.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...light-mod.html
Old 12-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
After mine were dry to the touch, I put them out in direct sunlight for about 3 hours, then reinstalled them. No issues with hazing for me.
For now...
Old 12-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
For now...
Well, if 1 year is not long enough, exactly how long do you think it will take before the hazing shows up?

I've done this 2 times now to my 08. The first set got damaged in a crash and were replaced. They were in the truck for over 1 year. The replacement set has been in the truck for 8 months. Both sets were, and still are clear as the day they came from the factory.

I'll agree "baking off" the paint is a good idea, but it's not a "must do" to get great results. Just sayin'.