Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM Tuning SUCKS

Old 12-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
DDM Tuning SUCKS

Nuff said!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Nuff said!
You're going to leave us hanging with that??
Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Their products are pretty good but their service does suck.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
you get what you pay for. $35 for an HID kit
Old 12-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
My friend has had their HID kit on his 06 GTO for about 2 years with no problems until today when he rear ended a car. I have had their kit on my quad for over a year with no problems except some startup flickering that was fixed with their harness kit. Not bad for being able to put up with mud, sand, water, vibration and hard landings.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
so what happened OP?
Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #9
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Their factory is in San Diego if you're trying to get parts...I usually cruise by that way
Old 12-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Yep^ they are about 10 minutes from my house in SD.

OP: I agree. they suck and the people there are retarded and should be fired, but the product is cheap.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
i know of lots of people running those kits with no problems
Old 12-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #12
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
i know of lots of people running those kits with no problems
Same. As mentioned, you get what you pay for. But IIRC, don't they have a good warranty? I mean all these cheap kits are generally the same just a matter if one company will warranty them better than another. Unless you're gonna spend a lot and get a kit that uses higher end ballasts, etc.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #13
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
their product is good... and their CS is probably the worst I've ever seen... But, the price is right and I've never had a issue with the product as of yet :knockonwood:
Old 12-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Same. As mentioned, you get what you pay for. But IIRC, don't they have a good warranty? I mean all these cheap kits are generally the same just a matter if one company will warranty them better than another. Unless you're gonna spend a lot and get a kit that uses higher end ballasts, etc.
Yes they have a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #15
erion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant future

Army: 1/145 AVN REG
Name: Jayson
erion109's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a great experience. At first, I had some issues and went through two of the slim digital ballast kits. Someone recommended the analog ballast and they have been working flawlessly. Because of the issues, DDM didn't charge me an advanced replacement. I'm happy with mine except for blinding people with the 55W kit. I'm hoping to do a retro in the very very near future if I can get a deal on a set of stk headlights.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #16
jerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to behold
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jerysan
I'm starting to agree. I bought the DDM 55w slims and have had nothing with problems. Their customer service sucks and can't have the problem fixed. I have replaced ballast, harness. Have done their troubleshooting tips and nothing. The only good thing is that they are local
Old 12-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #17
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
One of the bulbs didnt lock in properly and fell out, burning the plastic on the cover and melting it to the bulb. They wont replace bulb because I didnt catch that it didnt lock and still installed it.
They are cheap enough I can outright buy another set of bulbs and still be in it less $ than some other kits.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #18
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
One of the bulbs didnt lock in properly and fell out, burning the plastic on the cover and melting it to the bulb. They wont replace bulb because I didnt catch that it didnt lock and still installed it.
They are cheap enough I can outright buy another set of bulbs and still be in it less $ than some other kits.

So....you fucked up your install and ruined your own product and now you're mad because they won't give you free product. Let me school you on warranties. Even a lifetime warranty is only guaranteed against manufacturing defects and problems...not against abuse, neglect, poor installation, etc.

Example...I can't go buy a new computer and pour water all over it and then get a new one under the warranty simply because I didn't know water shouldn't go in the computer.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #19
BeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud ofBeardedTaco has much to be proud of
BeardedTaco's Tacoma Gallery

Old 12-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedWeirdo View Post
So....you fucked up your install and ruined your own product and now you're mad because they won't give you free product. Let me school you on warranties. Even a lifetime warranty is only guaranteed against manufacturing defects and problems...not against abuse, neglect, poor installation, etc.

Example...I can't go buy a new computer and pour water all over it and then get a new one under the warranty simply because I didn't know water shouldn't go in the computer.
LOL.