Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Morimoto Retrofit Question

Old 12-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Morimoto Retrofit Question

OK...I'm looking to retrofit my lights to Morimoto projectors. I currently have HIDs and would like to save a little cash and upgrade the ballasts later. If I purchase this kit:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=178{10}47{5}20{1}95{3 }11

With these specs:

Accessory: AMP/D2S Ballast Adapters
Bulbs: Morimoto 6000K D2S
Projectors: Morimoto Mini Bi-Xenon (D2S)
Shrouds: Apollo

Is that everything I will need in order to use my current ballast until I upgrade ballasts down the road?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
just give matt or nate a call they are very helpful! shopping at the retrofit source has been one of the best customer service experiences since i started my build. i originally did my retro using the mini projectors, d2s 35 watt bulbs 5000k and 35 watt mori ballasts. all morimoto from the retrofitsource. right now i have black flame customs in long island ny doing a custom retro using LS 460 projectors and led running lights. i'd be willing to sell you everything at a really good price all the parts you will need i seperated mine thinking it would be easier to sell that way so if you want to wait until my new retro gets here i'd be willing to sell them cheap like 200 for everything you will need. i have only had them like 1 1/2 weeks lol
Old 12-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedWeirdo View Post
OK...I'm looking to retrofit my lights to Morimoto projectors. I currently have HIDs and would like to save a little cash and upgrade the ballasts later. If I purchase this kit:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=178{10}47{5}20{1}95{3 }11

With these specs:

Accessory: AMP/D2S Ballast Adapters
Bulbs: Morimoto 6000K D2S
Projectors: Morimoto Mini Bi-Xenon (D2S)
Shrouds: Apollo

Is that everything I will need in order to use my current ballast until I upgrade ballasts down the road?
Yes, that is all you will need if you currently have Plug and Play ballasts. You can't beat Matt at TRS. He has all the ingredients for a great business. Good product, good prices, he knows his stuff and you can actually talk to him on the phone or via email.