Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

dash light question

Old 12-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
Trever1t is on a distinguished road
Trever1t's Tacoma Gallery
dash light question

2006 2.7L

On the dash I have backlight for the fan speed and temperature but the air zone selector (defrost, floor etc) isn't lighting up. What do I need to do to fix that?

thanks
Old 12-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
loaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dalton
loaderman82's Tacoma Gallery
I actually had the same problem with my 06, so I started to dig into it. I started to take off the knob for the defrost etc. and when I gave it a tug the light came on. I guess the light was just loose or had a bad connection somewhere. Try taking off the knob and start digging into it one piece at a time! Good luck!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trever1t View Post
2006 2.7L

On the dash I have backlight for the fan speed and temperature but the air zone selector (defrost, floor etc) isn't lighting up. What do I need to do to fix that?

thanks
You can either order them in the link I put here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ml#post2406312

50 cents a piece or go to toyota and buy them for about $12 a piece. They are easy to replace. You need two of them. If one is out, just do them both.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:25 AM   #4
very cool, thanks for the help!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
oh, can someone point me to a write up on how to get to the lights? Do I have to pull the dash?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trever1t View Post
oh, can someone point me to a write up on how to get to the lights? Do I have to pull the dash?
I took a flat head screw driver with some electrical tape wrapped and you just pry that panel out (I'd start at the bottom). There is 4 tabs, one on each corner. Once you get one, they all come out pretty easy.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
thanks agian!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #8
threexcharm is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Federal Appellate Court
Name: Joe
threexcharm's Tacoma Gallery
I am assuming that the knobs have to be removed to pull the panel?

This is something I have to do. One of the bulbs burned out and while I have the panel off, I am just going to change them both.

Appears to be a simple task (which means that I can do it). I am just a
little leary about damaging the panel while attempting to pop it off the dash.

Thanks for your imput.

Joe