Notices

Bro Buying Me FogLights

View Poll Results: Which Ones?
Smoke Fogs 7 25.93%
Yellow Fogs 11 40.74%
Clears Fogs 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Bro Buying Me FogLights

so my brother asked me what i wanted for X-mas, and i told him some fogs.

dont plan on doing any HID on them but i just cant decided which ones i want or would work the best.

so here is what i came down to.

Ebay:
found some that have a smoke lens (kinda would go with my truck)

Found some with the yellow lens (which i like and would help cut through dust and fog more than others.

and just regular clear lens. (kinda like the OEM ones)

or if anyone knos a better company or place to buy them, i link would be cool too, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Bro Buying Me FogLights-smoke.jpg   Bro Buying Me FogLights-yellow.jpg   Bro Buying Me FogLights-clear.jpg  
Old 12-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Just get some Hella 500's. can't really go wrong with em
EDIT noticed your talking about the bumper fogs..... nevermind
Old 12-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
the yellow is great for inclement (rainy, foggy, dark) weather -- they really cut down on the glare. i went with clear fog lenses, but yellow bulbs --the best of both worlds (in my opinion).
Old 12-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
PIAA makes a kit for their 540's that will fit in the stock fog location. have a set of the xtreme whites on my bull bar and LOVE them. didnt want to change out the stockers and still have no lights on the bar so just went with silverstar bulbs and the 540's. just dont get them from autoanything. i ordered mine from them the first of this month and they didnt come in til monday. with a guaranteed ship date of the 6th they didnt ship them til the 10th..... but anyway not to hijack the thread i would recommend the PIAA's.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by my08yoyo View Post
PIAA makes a kit for their 540's that will fit in the stock fog location. have a set of the xtreme whites on my bull bar and LOVE them. didnt want to change out the stockers and still have no lights on the bar so just went with silverstar bulbs and the 540's. just dont get them from autoanything. i ordered mine from them the first of this month and they didnt come in til monday. with a guaranteed ship date of the 6th they didnt ship them til the 10th..... but anyway not to hijack the thread i would recommend the PIAA's.
gona look into that kit, just dont wana break my brothers account
Old 12-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
believe its about 250 for the kit not sure it fluctuates
Old 12-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #9
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDA View Post
good idea, might consider that, what kind of bulb did u go with, did u get online or at a store?

got the sylvania silverstars in a parts store. bout 15 bucks a bulb. HUGE difference. have the silverstar ultras in my headlights and everyone tells me the fogs are brighter than the headlights. oh well the PIAAs are brighter than both..
Old 12-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #10

Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
believe its about 250 for the kit not sure it fluctuates
yea i found some for 271.....might be a lil too much for a brother, but those seam to be the real deal compared to these ebays one.

maybe i can have him go half with me
Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #12

Grande's Tacoma Gallery
do u guys think if i get the smoke lens, then add the yellow bulb, if it will decerese the yellow light out put...

but then again i dont get much fog where i live, except in the winter morning,....

cant decide....read some thread about anytime foglight and will do that with my installation.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDA View Post
do u guys think if i get the smoke lens, then add the yellow bulb, if it will decerese the yellow light out put...

but then again i dont get much fog where i live, except in the winter morning,....

cant decide....read some thread about anytime foglight and will do that with my installation.
I got yellow HID's with yellow lamin-x covers and it looks real good!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #14
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i bought the 3000k yellow hid kit from ddm tuning. it was about $50 shipped.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #15

Grande's Tacoma Gallery
so i made my decison, gona get some smoked fogs, with some lumincins JDM yellow bulbs, cant wait

anyone runing lumicins on there truck, headlights or fogs, are they a good company or is there better.

was reading some previous threads and ppl like the yellow JDM on their fogs.
just hope they work good through the smoke lens.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #17
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
got the sylvania silverstars in a parts store. bout 15 bucks a bulb. HUGE difference. have the silverstar ultras in my headlights and everyone tells me the fogs are brighter than the headlights. oh well the PIAAs are brighter than both..
They're not brighter, they're just pointed at their eyes whereas the headlights are pointed down.