Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need HID help!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
jerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to behold
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jerysan
Need HID help!!!

I have DDM Tuning 55W slims Bi-Xenon kit installed and have lots of problems turning on the headlights. I have to flick the headlight switch about 10 times before both lights go on. I have checked all the wiring, and double checked. I have used DDM troubleshooter and no resolve. DDM have already swapped me new harness, new ballasts. The only thing left to replace are the bulbs. Could this be my problem, bad hid bulbs.

Any input will be appreciated.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds like a power problem to me. Your stock headlights worked fine, ya?
Old 12-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
jerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to behold
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Brand new battery. It does it either way. I normally turn on my headlights after the truck is started. Flipping my high beams sometimes makes them start faster.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachie View Post
It sounds like a power problem to me. Your stock headlights worked fine, ya?
Haven't taken off the HID's and tried the stock bulbs.

By the way...DDM told me that I might need to install a dead bulb on the passenger side!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Send them back and buy a better quality kit. I've heard nothing but bad things about DDM.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBK224 View Post
Send them back and buy a better quality kit. I've heard nothing but bad things about DDM.
About their service maybe. Cant really beat a lifetime warranty. I have 4 of their kits on my truck with no problems at all.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Same here. I have no problems with their fog kit.

The upside is that they're just 2 blocks from where I work, but have no time to go.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
bulbs.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #10
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cullen
cohrmundt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cohrmundt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachie View Post
About their service maybe. Cant really beat a lifetime warranty. I have 4 of their kits on my truck with no problems at all.
X2

i have 5 of their kits on my truck and have never had any problems. and definitely cant beat a lifetime warranty!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Well here's an update. Just came from DDM and had my bulbs replaced and still have the same problem. Now they said that some Toyota's are coming up with issues. They told me that I need to run a resistance on the passenger side headlight connector. Would this be true? I think they might be bullshitting me....
Old 01-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #12
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe try the 35w kit?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerysan View Post
Well here's an update. Just came from DDM and had my bulbs replaced and still have the same problem. Now they said that some Toyota's are coming up with issues. They told me that I need to run a resistance on the passenger side headlight connector. Would this be true? I think they might be bullshitting me....
I have never heard of that before. My kits (and im pretty sure slimcubbys kits) all work fine without running a resistance on the other side. Try to get your money back from DDM and buy a kit from one of us. Slimcubby has a GB going right now for his kits. We both offer a one year warranty with our kits. DDM is a perfect example of "You get what you pay for."
Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have never had a problem with DDM lights. 55 watt is retarded anyway.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I agree. Im running DDM's 35w kit and its plenty bright!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #16
~THE LIGHT GUY~

TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
55w is definitely to much for street driving. 35w is plenty bright.