LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Rear Light Kill Switch

Old 12-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You can probably wire a switch into the parking light circuit. That will kill all clearance lights and tail lights but the brake lights will still work when you hit the brakes.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
I like turtles!!!
The Munster will become famous soon enoughThe Munster will become famous soon enough

Air Force: A1C 822BDS
Name: Lance
The Munster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
You can probably wire a switch into the parking light circuit. That will kill all clearance lights and tail lights but the brake lights will still work when you hit the brakes.
do what he said, but make another switch to tap the brake light circuit (ground it out or make an open which ever it is)
Old 12-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munster View Post
do what he said, but make another switch to tap the brake light circuit (ground it out or make an open which ever it is)
Make sure it is after the shifter so you won't have problems shifting out of park.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
I like turtles!!!
The Munster will become famous soon enoughThe Munster will become famous soon enough

or just shift into drive then hit the kill switch problem solved
Old 12-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
I like turtles!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Where would be a good place to tap into the wires? And (noob question) how do I know which wire to tap into?
if you look under the dash you'll see your brake pedal... you should see a little switch on the back of the pedal. thats what you need to tap
Old 12-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munster View Post
if you look under the dash you'll see your brake pedal... you should see a little switch on the back of the pedal. thats what you need to tap
Cool, thanks, I see if I can wire a switch in once my warrenty runs out and do a write up. What about the wires to kill the rest of the lights?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Cool, thanks, I see if I can wire a switch in once my warrenty runs out and do a write up. What about the wires to kill the rest of the lights?
I guess just find the parking light fuse and splice in after the box. I'm not sure if the parking lamp fuse powers anything else.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
I like turtles!!!

you'd have to find an EWD and find a junction connector or something that you can work with
Old 12-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #15
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
There's a whole bunch of wires under the driver's kick panel. I know the reverse light wiring goes through there because I tapped into that on mine. Pretty sure the taillight and brake lights go through there also. There is a link on here to the factory service manual on ttora. If you're willing to spend some time studying the wiring diagrams, it should be as simple as putting in a toggle switch or two to break the circuits.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #16
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
any reason why u are doing this? just curious
Old 12-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #17
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
There's a whole bunch of wires under the driver's kick panel. I know the reverse light wiring goes through there because I tapped into that on mine. Pretty sure the taillight and brake lights go through there also. There is a link on here to the factory service manual on ttora. If you're willing to spend some time studying the wiring diagrams, it should be as simple as putting in a toggle switch or two to break the circuits.
This helps a lot. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
any reason why u are doing this? just curious
Nothing illegal. Haha. I just hate it when I'm parked somewhere with my car running or my foot on the brake at night and everyone who goes by stares at me wondering what I'm doing
Old 12-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #18
I like turtles!!!

they did make an easy fix for that... its called a park brake
Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #19
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This helps a lot. Thanks.

Any time!

Nothing illegal. Haha. I just hate it when I'm parked somewhere with my car running or my foot on the brake at night and everyone who goes by stares at me wondering what I'm doing
Good answer!