Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

illuminated SPDT?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #1
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
illuminated SPDT?

Guys, I want to set up some bed-lights on a dual switch system - on switch in the bed, one in the cab. So I need a pair of SPDT switches. Duh.

But since it won't be on an ignition switched circuit, I want the switches to have an indicator light - so I know they're on and don't inadvertently leave them on and run down the battery.

SPDT switches are dime a dozen - easy to find at Radio Shack, farily easy to find at AutoZone etc...

Illuminated switches are a little harder. And it needs to be an indicator light - "on when the circuit is complete" light not a separately powered "find the switch in the dark" light. Anyone got a part number or link?

I'm just about resigned to using a separate toggle and indicator light, but it would be cool if they were a single unit.