1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help installing Angel Eyes

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by liinxcore, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Dec 29, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    liinxcore

liinxcore [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamil
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner
    So i want to apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I did use that handy dandy search bar, though was unsuccessful.

I recently purchased a pair of angel eyes, actually from another TW member, and I figured this install would be a simple, take the old headlights out and put the new ones in, BUT then I unwrapped the new lights to find... there are wires that I have no idea where I am suppose to connect them to (sounding really dumb im sure). It makes sense that the LED's for the cosmetic lights would need to be powered, but I am not sure where or how you are suppose to do this?

Naturally, any help or feed back would be apprecaited. I am hoping that this "simple" install is something I am able to complete on my own. though it is seeming more and more like I may be taking them somewhere to be installed =/

Attached you will find pics. They are from my cell phone, so apologies for the clarity of some and the size of others. The pictures are taken from the passenger side

[​IMG]

so this is the headlight- not sure the brand.
    [​IMG]

this is a view from the back, it is the passenger opposite of the grill

[​IMG]

this is the bottom, two sets of wire come out that appear to run from the the bottom strip led

[​IMG]

this is the lamp from the side with 3 single led lights, this is the side going closes to the grill

[​IMG]

this is a top view of the light. the upper portion of the light would be the side closes to the grill. you can see the cluster of wire and red tape that has caused the confusion.

Thanks in advance for all who have input- negative responses always welcome lol everyone needs a kick in the pants every now and then.

2. Jan 19, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    Shemicals

Shemicals Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Concord - East Bay CA
    Vehicle:
    '07 5-Lug Black Sand Pearl Access Cab 2WD
    Build Page
    hahaha you are in luck, as no one really gave me solid help. I will, I have the same lights.

So unwrap all that nasty red wiring, unless you prefer the shit wrapped up.

but twist the four white wires together and the 4 black wires together....

heres where it gets fun...

unplug your corner running lights (the round yellow bulb) and pull the flume back a little.

use quick crimp connectors (blue snap-in devices paired with some wire (the longer the better) to create your power link. Now each wire i believe its black and green running from Corner lights will have its own quick connector, and the space gets very tight. also, because the wires are so thin, you kindof have to shave the plastic away on one side of each wire to ensure a good connection with the quick connector.

be careful as not to cut the wires instead only remove the plastic around the wires. quick connect the shit, snap it in place to lock it, and be sure to use pliers that can evenly apply pressure on the quick connector.

now connect a spade connector or bullet tube (whichever you prefer) male + female to each wire set.

this will leave you with 4 white wires connected to one wire and 4 black wires connected to the other. i dont remember which is the power wire but i think it was green on the corner running lights, but the power wire for the leds is the white, if it doesnt light up right away, polarity is backwards. reverse it and connect again. enjoy!!!

and i recommend electrical tape

3. Jan 19, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    Shemicals

Shemicals Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Concord - East Bay CA
    Vehicle:
    '07 5-Lug Black Sand Pearl Access Cab 2WD
    Build Page
    also, aiming those projectors is a bitch so do it before connecting the leds

Products Discussed in

To Top