Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Help installing Angel Eyes

Old 12-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
liinxcore is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamil
liinxcore's Tacoma Gallery
Help installing Angel Eyes

So i want to apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I did use that handy dandy search bar, though was unsuccessful.

I recently purchased a pair of angel eyes, actually from another TW member, and I figured this install would be a simple, take the old headlights out and put the new ones in, BUT then I unwrapped the new lights to find... there are wires that I have no idea where I am suppose to connect them to (sounding really dumb im sure). It makes sense that the LED's for the cosmetic lights would need to be powered, but I am not sure where or how you are suppose to do this?

Naturally, any help or feed back would be apprecaited. I am hoping that this "simple" install is something I am able to complete on my own. though it is seeming more and more like I may be taking them somewhere to be installed =/

Attached you will find pics. They are from my cell phone, so apologies for the clarity of some and the size of others. The pictures are taken from the passenger side

so this is the headlight- not sure the brand.

this is a view from the back, it is the passenger opposite of the grill

this is the bottom, two sets of wire come out that appear to run from the the bottom strip led

this is the lamp from the side with 3 single led lights, this is the side going closes to the grill

this is a top view of the light. the upper portion of the light would be the side closes to the grill. you can see the cluster of wire and red tape that has caused the confusion.

Thanks in advance for all who have input- negative responses always welcome lol everyone needs a kick in the pants every now and then.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha you are in luck, as no one really gave me solid help. I will, I have the same lights.

So unwrap all that nasty red wiring, unless you prefer the shit wrapped up.

but twist the four white wires together and the 4 black wires together....

heres where it gets fun...

unplug your corner running lights (the round yellow bulb) and pull the flume back a little.

use quick crimp connectors (blue snap-in devices paired with some wire (the longer the better) to create your power link. Now each wire i believe its black and green running from Corner lights will have its own quick connector, and the space gets very tight. also, because the wires are so thin, you kindof have to shave the plastic away on one side of each wire to ensure a good connection with the quick connector.

be careful as not to cut the wires instead only remove the plastic around the wires. quick connect the shit, snap it in place to lock it, and be sure to use pliers that can evenly apply pressure on the quick connector.

now connect a spade connector or bullet tube (whichever you prefer) male + female to each wire set.

this will leave you with 4 white wires connected to one wire and 4 black wires connected to the other. i dont remember which is the power wire but i think it was green on the corner running lights, but the power wire for the leds is the white, if it doesnt light up right away, polarity is backwards. reverse it and connect again. enjoy!!!

and i recommend electrical tape
Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
also, aiming those projectors is a bitch so do it before connecting the leds