Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Should be legal Right?

Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt they are DOT approved so technically they would be illegal but that doesn't stop anyone and rarely do you hear someone getting pulled over.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
JayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud of
Name: Jay
JayARRGHH's Tacoma Gallery
you're probably fine at night if they light up but during the day time i would worry about them being taken the wrong way.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Smoked lights are illegal in all 50 states. I write those tickets during the day and HID conversions at night.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Smoked lights are illegal in all 50 states. I write those tickets during the day and HID conversions at night.
good...I almost rear ended some asshole at night because his lights were too dark and couldn't be seen.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of people run them with out much trouble from the police, however....they are not legal in just about every state. I personally want to keep my interactions with the law as few as possible.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
whiteyota is on a distinguished road
Name: Zachary
whiteyota's Tacoma Gallery
i would think they are legal as long as it produces the red light visible from 500 feet. but there probley illegal because everthing cool is illegal and VA is strict. just dont get any speeding tickets where they will be able to add them on the ticket
Old 01-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Technically if it doesnt have the DOT approval stamped on it, its not street legal. But really, as long as the work for their intended purpose, you are not gonna have any issues.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #9
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Not legal because the front lights have to have an orange reflector inside of it.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #10
100Proof is on a distinguished road
100Proof's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly as long as the lights work you won't have a problem. I have never heard of anyone getting pulled over for there taillights when they where working fine.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
Michigan Member
BCTacoma2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
BCTacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
good...I almost rear ended some asshole at night because his lights were too dark and couldn't be seen.
I agree. Cool is one thing but why would someone want to make their vehicle harder to see. I want people to know when I'm stopping so I don't get rear ended!
Old 01-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #12
Young Gun
MLB YOTA has a spectacular aura aboutMLB YOTA has a spectacular aura about

Name: Marshall
MLB YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Because of all the negative comments, I decided to go with something more legal. I decided to get these tail lights

and these head lights

I think I will lightly smoke the lower front bumber lights. Both of these are DOT certified too.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #13
Young Gun
MLB YOTA has a spectacular aura aboutMLB YOTA has a spectacular aura about

Name: Marshall
MLB YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to install these lights. Do they just bolt and screw in or what. I want to try and save some money by doing it myself or do you think I should take them to somebody and get them to put them in.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #14
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
should just screw-in. those top tails you posted a pic of are sweet, imo.