LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Junyan HU637 - Aiming Projector Headlights

Old 01-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Junyan HU637 - Aiming Projector Headlights

I know, I know, you can hold your crap about ebay projectors and how they are crap and aren't as brights and yada, yada... I did not buy these, they came with the truck and I am gonna make them work til I feel like replacing them.

On to the real issue, i need help aiming the Junyan Hu637's that came on my truck. I know for the low beams (projectors) there are 2 adjusters, one for Vertical and one for Horizontal, but for the High beams (reflectors) there are 3 adjusters. I cranked on them and got the lights aimed decently but for the life of me I can't figure out what directions the 3 adjusters move the light. One seemed to move vertical, one seemed to move horizontal, and the third seemed to move diagonal... this just seems wierd.. Does anyone know anything about these?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
You weren't supposed to move the diagonal one... You're actually not supposed to touch any of them on the high beam. You not being able to see is not the headlights' aiming, its the crap quality of the reflector and tiny bulb.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Save the crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
You weren't supposed to move the diagonal one... You're actually not supposed to touch any of them on the high beam. You not being able to see is not the headlights' aiming, its the crap quality of the reflector and tiny bulb.
I'm going to wager you don't have experience with these lights.. Also like I said I have gotten them aimed decently, I just would like to now if anyone has legitimate information on the lights and how to aim them.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
LRGRNR

Caution

Quick update. Found a Caution sticker on the light.

(Some chinese) Caution
1. HID Buld not allowed
(Some chinese)
2. Highlighting voltage 12.5 +- 1v
(Some chinese)
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
He's actually done a lot of really good and very detailed write-ups on various lighting for our trucks... Maybe you should have read the "Lighting FAQ - Read before posting" and note the author. Nice going, you probably just pissed off one of the best people to help you out with your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
I'm going to wager you don't have experience with these lights.. Also like I said I have gotten them aimed decently, I just would like to now if anyone has legitimate information on the lights and how to aim them.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
for good measure? viet tried to help you out and you went and got all high and mighty and you want more help?

your headlights blow, i spent 3mo trying to get my high beams aimed right and they always end up moving back to where they started. don't touch the horizontal..like viet said..always use vertical and horizontal.

i hope that's legitimate enough for you
Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Viet has had aftermarket projectors and now builds his own retros (as I have). He is pretty damn knowledgeable about any headlight/projector out there.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #9
Smackalicious!
Bz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 169th FW
Name: Bryan
Bz3r0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bz3r0 Send a message via Yahoo to Bz3r0
! Ouch... You may have to pay Viet to come back now...
Old 02-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #10
LRGRNR

I'm sorry you guys feel that way about the guy. I don't have any hard feelings towards him, I just stated that he obviously didn't have experience with My exact light. I can now see fine with how i have them adjusted, so that rules out the quality of the lights being a factor. Thanks for more unhelpful info.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #12
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
dude they're everywhere...

http://www.google.com/#q=tacoma+proj...3f219192ef7bea

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...qid=1302536333