LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM Tuning installation help!!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
DDM Tuning installation help!!!!

I was so excited to get my HID kit from DDM Tuning . So of course I open up the box immediately to look at it. Upon inspecting the wiring harness I find that there is only 1 connector for the headlamp bulbs. Is this normal? I've included pictures to help.

I'm ASE certified in electrical systems so I figured this would be pretty easy, guess I was wrong. Any advice or instruction would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance.

This is the connector I'm referring to.

What is this for?

There's 2 of these for the ballasts. I think I know how this goes together. Is the eyelet a ground?

This is the main harness thingy.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
try this:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...stall-diy.html
Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

only one of your headlight connections from the stock light wiring will be needed, I'd use the driver side one, as its closer to the battery. The line with the fuse in it will go to the pos+ terminal of your battery, and each light/ballast has its own ground, thats the eyelet you have in the 3rd photo

I just did this install using that ^^^^ install thread, but if you need any help, please ask
Old 01-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
only one of your headlight connections from the stock light wiring will be needed, I'd use the driver side one, as its closer to the battery. The line with the fuse in it will go to the pos+ terminal of your battery, and each light/ballast has its own ground, thats the eyelet you have in the 3rd photo

I just did this install using that ^^^^ install thread, but if you need any help, please ask

Sadly I failed to search.

This answered all my questions. Boy do I feel like a noob. Feel free to harass me as necessary.

Thanks for the help!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
Give 'er

haha, no worries, that install thread would have been hard to find if I hadn't gotten in on that group buy for HID's a few months ago
Old 01-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
N8iV Warrior is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
N8iV Warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you only need one connector from the factory headlights, mine driver side also same reason, you may have too also remove the light shield on the bulb housing if you are going to use oem headlights. just remove the two tiny 6 head screws to get a better light pattern when adjusting. as i had to do this