1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DDM Tuning installation help!!!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by NelsonTacoma, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Jan 3, 2011 at 4:52 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma [OP] This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    I was so excited to get my HID kit from DDM Tuning :woot: . So of course I open up the box immediately to look at it. Upon inspecting the wiring harness I find that there is only 1 connector for the headlamp bulbs. Is this normal? I've included pictures to help.

I'm ASE certified in electrical systems so I figured this would be pretty easy, guess I was wrong. Any advice or instruction would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance.

This is the connector I'm referring to.

[​IMG]

What is this for?

[​IMG]

There's 2 of these for the ballasts. I think I know how this goes together. Is the eyelet a ground?

[​IMG]

This is the main harness thingy.

[​IMG]

2. Jan 3, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    wtbthree

wtbthree Give 'er

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    SC'ed 2010 DC
    3" Revtek lift, 17" FJ rims, 285 BFG KO's, sunroof, TRD piping, Wickedflow muffler, Avid step rails TRD supercharger,
  3. Jan 3, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    wtbthree

wtbthree Give 'er

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    SC'ed 2010 DC
    3" Revtek lift, 17" FJ rims, 285 BFG KO's, sunroof, TRD piping, Wickedflow muffler, Avid step rails TRD supercharger,
    only one of your headlight connections from the stock light wiring will be needed, I'd use the driver side one, as its closer to the battery. The line with the fuse in it will go to the pos+ terminal of your battery, and each light/ballast has its own ground, thats the eyelet you have in the 3rd photo

I just did this install using that ^^^^ install thread, but if you need any help, please ask

4. Jan 3, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma [OP] This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete

Sadly I failed to search. :bananadead:

This answered all my questions. Boy do I feel like a noob. Feel free to harass me as necessary.

Thanks for the help!!!!

5. Jan 3, 2011 at 5:14 PM
    wtbthree

wtbthree Give 'er

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    SC'ed 2010 DC
    haha, no worries, that install thread would have been hard to find if I hadn't gotten in on that group buy for HID's a few months ago

6. Jan 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    N8iV Warrior

N8iV Warrior Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Indian Reservation Not by Choice
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Dble Cab Trd Sport 6" fabtech lift
    6" Fabtech lift, 34" tires , AFE Cold air intake, Cobra wxst75 cb, Rocky Mountain Radar, L.e.d Headlights, L.e.d maplights,dome light, license plate lights, Tinted frnt windows 35% to match rear windows. ARB bumper with XD-9000 Warn Winch, Pro-Tech HeadAche rack with Pro-Tech Toolbox, Icon Front Coilovers for 6" Fabtech lift, Blacked out Taillights PIAA plasma ION 520 Lights, AFE CAI Pro Dry S Filter, 22" Led light bar, Yakima Mega Warrior basket
    Yes you only need one connector from the factory headlights, mine driver side also same reason, you may have too also remove the light shield on the bulb housing if you are going to use oem headlights. just remove the two tiny 6 head screws to get a better light pattern when adjusting. as i had to do this

Products Discussed in

To Top