Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Removing Headlight Eyelids

Old 01-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
StormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
StormTrooper's Tacoma Gallery
Removing Headlight Eyelids

Heres the problem.. i have an eyelid on my headlight, it is secured with silicone. and i want to take it off and re-glue it because it is not 100% straight. I tried today with a straight blade, and it wouldnt budge enough.. i am afraid to break the cover since it is very cold out. So this spring or on a warm day taking the blade to it again and also using a heat gun. Think this will work?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
A heat gun or hair dryer should loosen it up if no other way will. Not sure what the eyelids are made of so I'd be careful not to rip or destroy it though.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
A heat gun or hair dryer should loosen it up if no other way will. Not sure what the eyelids are made of so I'd be careful not to rip or destroy it though.
This is what I did to remove mine. I outlined my whole eyelid with 3m tape when I unknowingly only needed the tape in a few spots. Took a little heat and some patience but it worked out in the end.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seksilumpia View Post
im not sure,but maybe brake cleaner if youre careful..just dont get it on paint..i used brake cleaner and a razor to remove that funeral sticker on my window,and it came out really nice
I've used brake cleaner on paint for over 5 years. I have yet to see it ruin the paint. If you have wax applied, you'll need to re apply the spot you touched with the cleaner.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
StormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
StormTrooper's Tacoma Gallery
Just got em off guys, heat gun and straight blade