LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Finally got my HID's installed (pics <crappy>)

Old 01-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my HID's installed (pics <crappy>)

I finally got my HID kit from DDM tuning installed today!!! I went with the Hi/Low 6000k 35w analog ballast. Install was very easy, especially with the help from you guys on this site. Here's some pics I took with my iPhone. I'll post up some better pics when I have some time to get the DSLR camera out.

Visiblity has been greatly improved. The 6000k is just right, not too blue but just what I was looking for. Thanks for the help TW!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Good to see you got it all sorted out! Way better than stock huh?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
Good to see you got it all sorted out! Way better than stock huh?

Thanks! They are way better than stock. Once I skimmed through that write up you found for me it made the installation a breeze. I think I had it done in under an hour. Next step will be to do the fogs. I was thinking of just getting those Sylvania Silverstar cool blue's instead of HID's. It would be much simpler than HID's and make them match a little better. I usually run the fogs all the time, but not now cause it looks kind of gay with the HID's being so bright and the fogs being kind of yellow.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Thanks! They are way better than stock. Once I skimmed through that write up you found for me it made the installation a breeze. I think I had it done in under an hour. Next step will be to do the fogs. I was thinking of just getting those Sylvania Silverstar cool blue's instead of HID's. It would be much simpler than HID's and make them match a little better. I usually run the fogs all the time, but not now cause it looks kind of gay with the HID's being so bright and the fogs being kind of yellow.
I feel ya, the fogs seem so weak now, the Sylvania option is a good one. I'd rather do that then pay up for another set of hid's. Post some pics of how it looks if you end up doing that
Old 01-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
I feel ya, the fogs seem so weak now, the Sylvania option is a good one. I'd rather do that then pay up for another set of hid's. Post some pics of how it looks if you end up doing that

Sure will.