Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Want Ya'lls Opinion on some cargo lights

Old 01-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
Tdup is on a distinguished road

Name: Trey
Tdup's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Want Ya'lls Opinion on some cargo lights

Okay I don't know about ya'll but I was pissed when I bout my taco in 08 and it didn't have a cargo light. Chevy's been putting cargo lights in trucks since the early 90's. Anyway I was wondering what you guys think of putting these:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...LF-xW30SMD.htm

On either side of the bed directly under the accessory rail. I figure they will draw less power so they could be run longer with the truck off, and they are waterproof so no worries about getting them wet. Plus they would be alot sleeker than big lights stuck in bed pockets. Just wondering what ya'll think? Is anybody already running a setup like this? If so I'd be interested in some pics.
Lastly is there a Toyota cargo light switch (maybe for a tundra or something) that could be installed in a blank?

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
they seem kinda high. $30 something for the 24" bar...
and you would want two of those, one fore either side. If cost is not an option then go for it.

I used one small fog light from walmart, the pair was only 15 bucks. so I used the other one under my rear bumper for a reverse light...

even after putting one little light in the bed pocket I still had room to put a few tie downs in the same pocket
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #3

Tdup's Tacoma Gallery
Good point about price, I hadn't even looked at that yet. My dad just showed me these this morning. I would probably only do 1 on the back of my toolbox. That should be enough light.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

$24 for the 12" and $40 for the 24"

thats pretty high

oznium sells good LED stuff too

http://www.oznium.com/smd-bar
Old 01-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
maconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of light

maconhurler's Tacoma Gallery

http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux

2 white ones installed facing toward the cab where the tailgate latches. Very easy to do and provides plenty of light. The tonneau may help the light bounce around in there, can't say for certain.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #6

Nice^ thats a very cheap and easy way to do it!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:48 AM   #7

Tdup's Tacoma Gallery
I like that set up under the tonneau. How'd you power/switch those?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I put 6 Oznium 120 degree floods in my bed. I just stuck them on with heavy duty velcro: