Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Do these LED Tails look right?

Old 01-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
taco_24 will become famous soon enoughtaco_24 will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
taco_24's Tacoma Gallery
Do these LED Tails look right?

I just installed these today and am not sure about the brightness and visibility. During the day you can hardly see the leds light up. At night it's better, but looking at all the other pics on here, mine don't look as bright as theirs. What do you guys think? This is where I purchased the tails.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-08...Q5fAccessories

The first 2 pics are with headlights on no brakes, the last two pics are with brakes. I know it's hard to tell looking at pics, but they should be brighter right?
Attached Thumbnails
Do these LED Tails look right?-truck-001.jpg   Do these LED Tails look right?-truck-003.jpg   Do these LED Tails look right?-truck-004.jpg   Do these LED Tails look right?-truck-005.jpg  
Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Those are terrible. I think you got lemons or maybe just bad quality leds. I would be careful with those. Are those even red leds?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:14 AM   #3
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Those are bad.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:13 AM   #4
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Take them off before you get rear-ended
Old 01-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
taco_24's Tacoma Gallery
Don't worry, I wont try to sell these! I am going to return them tomorrow before I get rear ended. So if your looking to get some LED tails, don't buy from these guys on ebay. Terrible.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
taco_24's Tacoma Gallery
I feel like an idiot. I thought a regular bulb was supposed to go where the brake light is. So I put my old bulb in there. My mistake. I took the standard bulb out and it looks right now. So disregard the last post, the lights are good, the people on ebay are safe to buy from.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco_24 View Post
I feel like an idiot. I thought a regular bulb was supposed to go where the brake light is. So I put my old bulb in there. My mistake. I took the standard bulb out and it looks right now. So disregard the last post, the lights are good, the people on ebay are safe to buy from.
New pics with lights on.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
aha nice once but yeah in the pic they just seemed soooo wrong!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hold on....so in the pics it was the regular halogen bulb that is behind the LED's??
Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
taco_24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Hold on....so in the pics it was the regular halogen bulb that is behind the LED's??

That's right. I'll post updated pics of the led's later today. I am pleased with the new look.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #12
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's right. I'll post updated pics of the led's later today. I am pleased with the new look.
the lights did not come with bulbs??