Notices

using 3m LED tape light for bed lights?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
OffRoadSigALph is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
OffRoadSigALph's Tacoma Gallery
using 3m LED tape light for bed lights?

Thinking about mounting 3M's "tape light" strips as bed lights in the bed of my '06 taco. They mount with double sided tape, and seem like they would fit under the stock bed rails facing down to illuminate the cargo area. Anyone try this before? I'd love to see some pics. I think they sell about 16 feet of LED tape for about 50 or 60 dollars. Should be waterproof too.

Feedback? Other ideas? Thanks.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
BlackRig has a spectacular aura aboutBlackRig has a spectacular aura about

Name: Craig
BlackRig's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for bed light strips also. I have never seen the 3M tape light though. Do you have a link?

I've been looking at
http://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips
and
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...light_bars.htm

I want something bright and cheap.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
OffRoadSigALph is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
OffRoadSigALph's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/LED-Flexible-L.../dp/B002Q4YX24

They sell similar products in 12" lengths and also reels of about 16' length. They look pretty bright, but I don't know how well it will light up the bed.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a string of small led "pods" that I stuck just under the rail system facing out not down. They do a good job of lighting up the bed, nothing super bright but enough to see what your after at night. They run across both sides and the back of the toolbox. You can see them in this picture.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
I've got a string of small led "pods" that I stuck just under the rail system facing out not down. They do a good job of lighting up the bed, nothing super bright but enough to see what your after at night. They run across both sides and the back of the toolbox. You can see them in this picture.

[pic deleted]
night shot required
Old 11-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ights-etc.html

3M tape will work fine for light LED strips as long as you prep it correctly. Here's another decent install and he's having a group buy.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
three west is on a distinguished road
Name: JD
three west's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

my company sells 3M, and I should be getting some of these on our next 3M shipment, so far they only have the single strip set up as stocking though, and I'm waiting for the double

http://3mcollision.com/products/feat...ed-tape-lights

As soon as its available I'm going to get one.

Products Discussed in this Thread