Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

"FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #321
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txfly View Post
For those that have said it took five minutes...That must have included the time it took you to drink your beer. If you put your beer down, it's more like thirty seconds,
Thanks for the write up OP!
Most guys garages take time to find shit. Even the organized guys know what I am talking about. It takes 3 minuets to find the easy stuff.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #323
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This or
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Here is a pic I created for someone that PM'ed me on how I did it.

This will work but requires an inline fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezemanf View Post
Is that for a 2012? I'm looking to do mine this week. is that the only wire that you had to add for the mod?
I used the first one because the empty slot next to the fog relay was empty and had no female plugs.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #324
Txfly is on a distinguished road
Txfly's Tacoma Gallery
Really weird quirk the other night at the house, my parkers blinked a few times, I figured the button was being pushed in my pocket, hung the keys up on their hook.
Then about thirty minutes later, my wife says" hey, your lights are doing it again".
But this time it wasn't my parking lights, it was my fogs. They came on, and stayed on. I stood outside in the snow for 20 minutes waiting for them to shut off, nada. Hit the key fob a few times (hell, can't hurt, right?), finally just turned them off at the switch.
Anybody else have this happen?
'09 dbl cab.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #325
SR5808 is on a distinguished road
Name: J10
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,
I have a 2013 taco. Wanna do this mod, but still a little unsure. Mainly on what type of wire would I need to use to connect the two relays? Sorry no time to search this kinda stuff up right now. Mainly because Im at work right now. Haha. Thanks again.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #326
mach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
mach1man001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txfly View Post
Really weird quirk the other night at the house, my parkers blinked a few times, I figured the button was being pushed in my pocket, hung the keys up on their hook.
Then about thirty minutes later, my wife says" hey, your lights are doing it again".
But this time it wasn't my parking lights, it was my fogs. They came on, and stayed on. I stood outside in the snow for 20 minutes waiting for them to shut off, nada. Hit the key fob a few times (hell, can't hurt, right?), finally just turned them off at the switch.
Anybody else have this happen?
'09 dbl cab.

If you spliced into the green wire then this will happen. The green wire is the fuel pump wire, the fuel pump comes on randomly over a course of time in order to keep your fuel system pressurized. Not sure about your parking lights. I have mine jumped from the towing relay and don't have any problem.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:31 AM   #327
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5808 View Post
Hey guys,
I have a 2013 taco. Wanna do this mod, but still a little unsure. Mainly on what type of wire would I need to use to connect the two relays? Sorry no time to search this kinda stuff up right now. Mainly because Im at work right now. Haha. Thanks again.
No matter what you have to locate your foglight relay and your towing relay. All the information you need it in the first post regarding wire location or even just a few posts back.

All you need:
16 or 18 gauge wire I believe. (enough to reach between the two relays. )
One female spade connector that goes on the foglight relay.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #328
SR5808 is on a distinguished road
Name: J10
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
No matter what you have to locate your foglight relay and your towing relay. All the information you need it in the first post regarding wire location or even just a few posts back.

All you need:
16 or 18 gauge wire I believe. (enough to reach between the two relays. )
One female spade connector that goes on the foglight relay.
Thanks bro. Where does one purchase said items? My bad, still a noob in wiring.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #329
Txfly is on a distinguished road
Txfly's Tacoma Gallery
I did the jump to the towing relay...That's what was freaky about it. There shouldn't be any power when the key is off/ out.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #330
Marcs2012 is on a distinguished road

Marcs2012's Tacoma Gallery
Hi guys new member here want to do this mod and not sure what I need to do this as I probably don't have these tools can anyone tell me what I need?
And does this mod affect my warrantee if toyota see's this?
Old 04-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #331
cshughes79 is on a distinguished road

Name: chuck
cshughes79's Tacoma Gallery
Alright I installed the OME fog lights this weekend, and I want to do this mod. But my truck is the base model 2012 4x4 and I had to add the tow package later so in the fuse box in the engine compartment I don't have any of the relays you guys show in the pictures. Does anybody know how I can do this mod, I can post pics of my fuse boxes it helps someone help me figure out what to do.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #332
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshughes79 View Post
Alright I installed the OME fog lights this weekend, and I want to do this mod. But my truck is the base model 2012 4x4 and I had to add the tow package later so in the fuse box in the engine compartment I don't have any of the relays you guys show in the pictures. Does anybody know how I can do this mod, I can post pics of my fuse boxes it helps someone help me figure out what to do.
Base model is a crap shoot.
SR5 is usually prewired.

Look down into the fuse box where the fuses and relays are to be installed. If you see brass contacts, you are likely prewired. If not, you're on your own, and adding a tow package is going to be a major ordeal.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #333

Here are the pics from my fuse box, any ideas on how to do the mod?
"FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-photo1.jpg

"FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-photo2.jpg

"FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-photo3.jpg
Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #334

i do have a relay that i had to put in for the fog lights i was thinking i could jump off that but where do i jump it to.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #335
trouttaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
trouttaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a used 2011 Tacoma and it won't pass MD inspection due to fogs lights staying on when I turn on my brights. I'm assuming the previous owner did the MOD but I am wondering if anyone had a suggestion for fixing this to pass inspection.

Thanks!!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #337
DannyD is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
Ok...found this post

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ml#post2370465

And rewired so that I can turn on the fogs whenever the key is in the "ON" position. The fogs will turn on/off independent of any lights being on and will turn off automatically when the IGN is turned off.

You go from Fog Relay Post #1 to Green wire in upper harness inside larger fuse box

New wire route

Used a thin spade male plug and jammed it in the harness with the green wire

IGN ON - no lights

parking lights

With Headlights (stay on with low or high beams)

I screwed something up doing this. I touched the wrong wire under the fog lamp relay. Now I have a bunch of lights on my dash. Abs, traction, and the "!" one. I imagine a fuse is blown somewhere. Any idea which one. All lights are still working. Tried disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for 10 minutes but they just came back.

Edit, blew IGN #2 inside the cab fuse box.

For any bodies future reference. I tried coming into that fog relay post from underneath to make it cleaner. That will leave the lights on all the time. Which made me start playing around and going outside the directions. And blew the fuse.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #338
Dr.TunaTaco is on a distinguished road
Dr.TunaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post
Soo.....

This setup does not need an in-line fuse?

So I have 2012 txpro and it seems to me that my tow relay is in a different spot n the fuse block it shows to be the bottom right blue one not the brown one HELP!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #339
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Finally got around to doing this. NO idea why I waited so long. Took me 3 min tops lol. Works like a charm.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #340
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
question, I have a 2012 and I followed the directions, are you supposed to be able to turn the fogs on and off without your parking lights on? I have to click the light stock up once which turns on my brake lights also and dims everything in the cab, is this right?

Alex

Products Discussed in this Thread