Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

"FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #341
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
question, I have a 2012 and I followed the directions, are you supposed to be able to turn the fogs on and off without your parking lights on? I have to click the light stock up once which turns on my brake lights also and dims everything in the cab, is this right?

Alex
Nope not according to mine. Got any Pics of how you went about it? Mine only requires the key to be in the on position, no other lights need to be on.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #342
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Nope not according to mine. Got any Pics of how you went about it? Mine only requires the key to be in the on position, no other lights need to be on.
I followed the diagram on the previous page. I'll take some pics today at lunch. Does your green light come on (fog light) the dash or is that reserved for when your lights are all the way on? Hmmmm I cant remember if I tested with the key in the on position, I'll give that a shot and report back.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #343
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
So I followed your instructions and no dice. I turned the key to "On" and pressed the fog light button, no lights. I then left the key in the "On" position and turned the light stock one click to engage the parking lights, that's when the fogs kicked on. couldnt get any pictures of how I did the mod (at work in nice clothes ) so I'll have to get pics later today and or just try it again.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #344
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Still haven't had a chance to get under there and get you some pics. I'll grab em tonight when I get home from work. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: So this is what I have going on.

Appreciate the help!

Alex
Old 07-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #345
machineman89 will become famous soon enough

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Keep in mind, if you live in a state that has annual inspections, you will have to reverse this mod.
......inspections??????? what exactly are these "inspections"????
Old 07-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #346
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by machineman89 View Post
......inspections??????? what exactly are these "inspections"????
A lot of states have annual safety inspections that they need to pass to renew their tags.
It's on the books in California, but it's an "on demand" thing.
In the 60s and 70s, CHP would set up roadblocks all the time and pull inspections. If you got tagged, the car had to be repaired and signed off by a certified headlight/brake mechanic (most gas stations were certified).
If you passed, you got a CHP sticker for your windshield so you wouldn't be bothered the rest of the year.

The law is still on the books, and these certified stations still exist.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #347

hmm...never dealt with anything like that before... i jus got a lecture from my old man who's a class A driver bout driving with fogs on n no headlights, i guess i'll have to be aware when i have em on and i dnt believe i'll have a problem.....only time i dealt with a inspection was when we had to get my old car bought back after an accident n it was salvaged title, inspection needed...... they do those road block still????
Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #348
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I haven't seen a roadblock since I was probably 8 years old, but the law is still on the books. Used to be fun out riding with mom to see who would be the first to spot the cops at the side of the road having their "pow-wow" before setting up a checkpoint.
They'd check your headlight alignment to make sure they were aimed properly, brake check (not sure how they did it), and sometimes they'd have a speedo check machine to verify your speedo calibration. I only remember mom getting caught in one once when I was very young. Funny that my "poor" friends parents always seemed to have the inspection stickers on their windshields and we never did. I have a feeling there was a lot of profiling going on in selecting who they would pull into the checkpoint. A current-model Buick didn't draw much attention from anyone other than women looking to hook up with a doctor

Likely the roadblocks would jam traffic too badly today... that, and all of the cars they'd have to tow because of drivers without licenses or insurance.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #349

lol prolly would help thin out the uninsured and non licensed drivers, LOL.... and get rid some of the death traps on the road
Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineman89 View Post
lol prolly would help thin out the uninsured and non licensed drivers, LOL.... and get rid some of the death traps on the road
Lawsuits is probably why they stopped.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #352
basktaco is just really nicebasktaco is just really nicebasktaco is just really nicebasktaco is just really nice

basktaco's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 11-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #353
2jztt is on a distinguished road
Navy:
2jztt's Tacoma Gallery
Green wire mod worked for me. I fused it though. Just in case...
Old 11-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #354
Baum is on a distinguished road

Army: 3-2 SBCT
Name: Tyler
Baum's Tacoma Gallery
That was the easiest and quickest mod I have done so far. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #355
speedaddiktion will become famous soon enoughspeedaddiktion will become famous soon enough

Name: Jaime
speedaddiktion's Tacoma Gallery
Just did this mod today, and got to say i should of done it long ago.

Question i have... since this works with the DTRL/parking lights..... Is it safe to leave that switch on all the time since they turn off when the key is taken out of the ignition?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #356
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
This is the version that I tried. It only works when I have the marker light, low beam or high beam on. I might try the other version later , but for now I'm happy with this one.
Attached Thumbnails
"FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-img_5684.jpg   "FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-img_5685.jpg   "FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-img_5686.jpg  
Old 01-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #357
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OLYMPIC VIEW" View Post
Well...

I know this was/is a sticky, but wanted to pass on my results of this mod as well as changing factory white bulbs to the Nokya Arctic Hyper Yellow 45W fogs...

The mod I used was previously posted by lextech...pull the fog relay and bend tab #1 flat...connect a 22g-18g female blade connector...take short length of 18g wire and splice and crimp/mate with the female blade connector connected to tab #1 on the fog relay, re-install the fog relay...then take the other end of the 18g wire, splice, and insert the spliced end of wire into socket #3 of the towing tail relay...re-install the towing tail relay...this mod took all of five minutes...I also swapped out my stock fogs for the Nokya Arctic Hyper Yellow fogs...I'll post some illuminated pics tommorrow...also, remember to swap out the rubber gaskets from the factory fog bulbs to the Nokya's so that they fit properly!!

The fog light mod is great...

fogs come on with parking lights...
fogs come on with headlights...
fogs come on with high beams...
the mod this way is "fuse protected"...
I did notice that the green fog on illumination on the dash does not illuminate when the fogs/parking lights are on, but when you switch to headlights it illuminates...

great mod...fool-proof...no splicing...or having to remember if you turned off your fogs as with the other fog light on anytime mods...this way the fogs turn off with the factory timer off light switch...
Is this the way that works the best for an 05? without the fogs coming on every 4 hours?
Old 02-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #358
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaPrime View Post
Is this the way that works the best for an 05? without the fogs coming on every 4 hours?
Also, I assume this doesn't allow the fogs to come on when NO lights are on?
Old 07-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #359
StevoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Steven
StevoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an older thread, but I'm looking to do the trailer hitch method. When I run the wire to the trailer hitch relay, how do I plug it in?

Products Discussed in this Thread