Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

"FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #41
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how did u get the parking lights to work?
Which post are you referring to?
Old 02-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #42
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
i think hes talking about maxtacoma #38s pic. his driving lights are on with his headlights
Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #43
09toy is on a distinguished road
Name: adam
09toy's Tacoma Gallery
NICE LIGHTS

I just did the parking light mod and the fog light mod! It looks sweet!!!
Thanks for all the info everone!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #44
MushyB is on a distinguished road

MushyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MushyB
i think the longest part of doing this was finding the spade connector in my electric parts box. i like being able to put the fogs on with the high beams. thanks for the help.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #46
Mtnbker343 is a glorious beacon of lightMtnbker343 is a glorious beacon of lightMtnbker343 is a glorious beacon of lightMtnbker343 is a glorious beacon of lightMtnbker343 is a glorious beacon of light
Mtnbker343's Tacoma Gallery
Did this mod yesterday!!!

I did this mod yesterday!!! took me no longer then 5 min and works great.... def the easiest mod i have done so far
Old 02-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #48
lopezoscar03 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: 482nd FW Fire Depart.
Name: lopezoscar03@gmail.com
lopezoscar03's Tacoma Gallery
so this keeps the fog lights on the whole time? or do you need to hit the switch to activate them?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #50
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopezoscar03 View Post
so this keeps the fog lights on the whole time? or do you need to hit the switch to activate them?
You need to hit the switch. This only connects two relays which basically bypasses the sensor that detects if the headlights are on in order to turn on the foglights
Old 02-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #51
lopezoscar03 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: 482nd FW Fire Depart.
Name: lopezoscar03@gmail.com
lopezoscar03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
You need to hit the switch. This only connects two relays which basically bypasses the sensor that detects if the headlights are on in order to turn on the foglights
perfect. so now here is another question. the pics on the first post of this thread shows where one connection is but the other is kinda hard to see. anyone have other pics or better pics of where it goes?
Old 02-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #52
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopezoscar03 View Post
perfect. so now here is another question. the pics on the first post of this thread shows where one connection is but the other is kinda hard to see. anyone have other pics or better pics of where it goes?
I'm doing this mod tonight because I still need a relay, but from the pictures and description in the OP it should be (looking at the picture as the top of the picture is the top) the bottom socket of the relay on the trailer relay, when you pull the relay out it should look like
| |
__
__

The red line is where the wire goes.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #53
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OLYMPIC VIEW"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm doing this mod tonight because I still need a relay, but from the pictures and description in the OP it should be (looking at the picture as the top of the picture is the top) the bottom socket of the relay on the trailer relay, when you pull the relay out it should look like
| |
__
__

The red line is where the wire goes.
Socket # 3 of the towing tail relay is located at the bottom of the relay as you are looking at diagram in my original post, it is where the red line is as indicated by dns...simply insert the stripped end of the wire into the socket and re-insert the relay...make sure the connection is snug--
Old 02-23-2011, 12:24 AM   #54
AbunaiXR is on a distinguished road
AbunaiXR's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have a trailer relay in that socket..
Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #55
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Just did this mod
Old 02-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #58
skaterportland will become famous soon enough
skaterportland's Tacoma Gallery
Worked perfect! 2011 had a little different layout but looked on the back of the fuse box cover and it was easy. Thanks so much!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #59
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OLYMPIC VIEW"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't either. I bought one at O'Reilly's and a 30A fuse to go in the trailer light socket and it works.
Yes, great addition by DNS...if you have a X-Runner or other Tacoma model that came with no tow package you must fuse protect the connection made at socket # 3 of the towing tail relay with a 30 amp fuse--the diagram/photo I have in my OP is from my 2011 TRD Sport--
Old 02-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #60
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
supscribed for later this month!!

Products Discussed in this Thread