Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

"FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OLYMPIC VIEW"'s Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb "FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."

Well...

I know this was/is a sticky, but wanted to pass on my results of this mod as well as changing factory white bulbs to the Nokya Arctic Hyper Yellow 45W fogs...

The mod I used was previously posted by lextech...pull the fog relay and bend tab #1 flat...connect a 22g-18g female blade connector...take short length of 18g wire and splice and crimp/mate with the female blade connector connected to tab #1 on the fog relay, re-install the fog relay...then take the other end of the 18g wire, splice, and insert the spliced end of wire into socket #3 of the towing tail relay...re-install the towing tail relay...this mod took all of five minutes...I also swapped out my stock fogs for the Nokya Arctic Hyper Yellow fogs...I'll post some illuminated pics tommorrow...also, remember to swap out the rubber gaskets from the factory fog bulbs to the Nokya's so that they fit properly!!

The fog light mod is great...

fogs come on with parking lights...
fogs come on with headlights...
fogs come on with high beams...
the mod this way is "fuse protected"...
I did notice that the green fog on illumination on the dash does not illuminate when the fogs/parking lights are on, but when you switch to headlights it illuminates...

great mod...fool-proof...no splicing...or having to remember if you turned off your fogs as with the other fog light on anytime mods...this way the fogs turn off with the factory timer off light switch...
Attached Thumbnails
"FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-scan0004.jpg   "FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-p1090003.jpg   "FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-p1090004.jpg   "FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-p1090005.jpg  
Old 01-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
frybike6 will become famous soon enough
frybike6's Tacoma Gallery
can we get a pic of the yellow fog lights I wanna see what they look like.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I need to get around to doing this.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
I need to get around to doing this.
I was puttin it off and literally it took fve minutes like the op said, probably te easyiest mod ive done
Old 01-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
grizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grizzbear's Tacoma Gallery
badass man nice write up
Old 01-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
desmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: State Trooper
Name: Dave
desmo2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OLYMPIC VIEW" View Post
I'll post some illuminated pics tommorrow...
Fail.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:36 AM   #8
frybike6 will become famous soon enough
frybike6's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i like the write up also. like to diagrams too, im thinking of doing this, plus I also need those yellow bulbs you got. the lamin-x just isnt yellow enough for me.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by frybike6 View Post
can we get a pic of the yellow fog lights I wanna see what they look like.
I'll post some pics of the Nokya yellow fogs tonight...been too busy--
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmo2 View Post
Fail.
Sorry...been busy and not on TW much lately...will get this done--
Old 01-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #11
rwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: USAFA - Class of 2011
Name: Russ
rwilso03's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same mod but I took apart the Fuse box and made all my connections within the enclosure. Makes it look extremely clean although it wasn't near as easy...
Old 01-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #12

Here are some pics...not the greatest quality and taken in the garage because it was still light out...when I have a chance I'll re-post some night-time pics--
Attached Thumbnails
"FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-yellow-1.jpg   "FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-yellow-2.jpg   "FOG LIGHTS ON W/PARKING...LOW BEAM...HIGH BEAM..."-yellow-3.jpg  
Old 01-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OLYMPIC VIEW" View Post
Here are some pics...not the greatest quality and taken in the garage because it was still light out...when I have a chance I'll re-post some night-time pics--
Looks great! Any other pics of where the second female connector goes on the far right fuse block?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-31-2011, 09:08 PM   #15
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Is bending the fog relay pin bad? Could you unplug it and "re-bend" it back to normal and plug it back in to reverse the whole process if need be, or would the relay be messed up...and all you do is pull relay(do I need to disconnect battery), and then bend pin 1, plug a female blade connector onto it, then some wire into that, then connect other end of wire to pin 3 of the towing tail relay?
Old 02-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #16
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503TRD View Post
Is bending the fog relay pin bad? Could you unplug it and "re-bend" it back to normal and plug it back in to reverse the whole process if need be, or would the relay be messed up...and all you do is pull relay(do I need to disconnect battery), and then bend pin 1, plug a female blade connector onto it, then some wire into that, then connect other end of wire to pin 3 of the towing tail relay?
its reversable, like u said u could just bend it back, and you are exactly correct with everything, on the towing relay just stick it down where pin goes and push the tow relay back in real hard and all done
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #17
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a little more light, use a 9005 bulb in the fog lights. They are 55 watt and they will twist right into the factory fogs. I had some yellow Nokyas left over from my Civic Si Sedan high beams I had before the Taco. Ran them for 4 months with no issues at all.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Looks great! Any other pics of where the second female connector goes on the far right fuse block?
Like it was just mentioned...there is no "second female blade connector that goes to socket # 3 on towing tail relay...you simply insert stripped end of the 18g wire and insert it into socket # 3 and plug the relay back in--
Old 02-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha73 View Post
its reversable, like u said u could just bend it back, and you are exactly correct with everything, on the towing relay just stick it down where pin goes and push the tow relay back in real hard and all done
Completely reversible...you would have to bend the tab # 1 back and forth on the fog relay about 100 times to break it off...Denso really makes a great sturdy relay...they must know about this mod --

Products Discussed in this Thread