Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

BHLM opinion.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
shaman06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
shaman06's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM opinion.

I want to do the BHLM mod, but I don't want to mess up and ruin my headlights. How difficult is this mod and has anyone had any problems taking the headlights apart before?
Old 01-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Search is ur friend ... But sum guy does it for 50 bucks
Old 01-15-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
The HARDEST part is getting that screw off each headlight behind the bumper/headlight. It's a real pain in the ass. Everything else is really easy. I thought it was scary putting the headlights in the oven but it's really no big deal. On top of that, you don't even have to sand down the headlight housing, just make sure to thoroughly wash it and use plastic adhering paint.

The pay off is badass! Makes our tacomas look soooo much better.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
BLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Iain
BLACKnBLUE's Tacoma Gallery
I can't stress how easy this mod was to do and so SO worth it! It looks great, especially if you have or will black out your grill. I do recommend that you heat them at 250F for 8 minutes instead of 200F. Doing this made it so much easier! I did use 600 grit sand paper though before cleaning and painting. Some suggest letting the paint dry overnight so you don't get any fogging inside the lens. Search search search, lots of guys have done this and commented on this. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
loaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dalton
loaderman82's Tacoma Gallery
The headlights are a PITA to get apart, but just take your time and it will be fine! Well worth the time and effort.