Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

FOG LIGHT WIRING HELP

Old 01-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
reidmn is on a distinguished road
reidmn's Tacoma Gallery
FOG LIGHT WIRING HELP

so i just purchased an HID kit for my fog lights and they were kind of on the cheaper side. after seeing the kit in person now, i regret going this route but i want to try and install them anyway just to see if they work.

anyway, i'm writing this thread because i want to see if anyone knows which wire is which on the stock fog light harness?? what i mean is, on the fog light harness plug there are to wires, one is a solid color and the other is solid with a stripe (sorry i forgot what colors they were). can anyone tell me which one is the positive (+) and which is the negative(-)?

reason im asking is because the kit that i bought is a little different from most. most kits are TRUE plug n play, but this kit has the (-) and (+) wires that connect to the stock harness as seperates which leaves you to install them either way.

i just want to make sure that when i connect my kit wires to the harness that they are matching pos. to pos. and neg. to neg

thanks
Old 01-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
Old Member
DanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
DanT's Tacoma Gallery
I can't help, but have my own question. I just purchased the OEM fog lights (just the lights0 from a member here. I want to install them in my 2010. I need a wiring harness and switch. This is available from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOG-L...#ht_3346wt_938

Don't know if this is all I need, plus a switch.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #3
Silvert is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
Silvert's Tacoma Gallery
fog lights

any wiring diagram out there?
Thanks
silvert
Old 08-18-2011, 03:54 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
I can't help, but have my own question. I just purchased the OEM fog lights (just the lights0 from a member here. I want to install them in my 2010. I need a wiring harness and switch. This is available from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOG-L...#ht_3346wt_938

Don't know if this is all I need, plus a switch.
I did it without a switch for $20 check out my Auto OEM Fog Mod
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...hout-fogs.html