Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

04 tacoma dome light

Old 01-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
04 tacoma dome light

So i recently got some LEDs for my dome and map lights, i ended up breaking 2 trying to put it into the dome light. (the v-led is slightly bigger than the regular bulb, but i still got one of them to fit without breaking it) for some reason it doesnt want to go on.. picked up a DE3175 LED bulb from v-leds.. heres a pic of how i installed it i tried switching it around, etc still no work.. any help is appreciated! thanks.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the life of LEDs dome lights in a 1 Gen. the problem is the LED is not drawing enough current for the computer to think the lights on.(You have to turn on the key for it the work right?) I have a cheap fix for this problem I'm going to be doing the mod soon with a writeup when I do it. there seems to be a lot of guys with this problem and no resolution.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
i turned on the key still yet it doesnt work lol
Old 01-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
i turned on the key still yet it doesnt work lol

Hummmm check your fuse
Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
J-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the rough

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried putting it in the other way? I also have v-led's, I read on there website that putting them in "backwards" is the most common prob. Something to do with the polarity. Anyways it worked for me hope it works for you.

nvm. I just read the entire first post.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplaydamian View Post
I soldered a 30 led panel and put a cheep old school mini bulb in some shrink wrap behind the light so my led lights will come on and dim with my led side step lights.

That's what I'm doing i have read it works and it's a cheap fix to have your LEDs turn on.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
you mean in the fuse box? cuz the stock bulb works perfectly fine...
Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
you mean in the fuse box? cuz the stock bulb works perfectly fine...
The LED bulb might be broken. I know with mine I have to turn on the key for mine to come on. Try this take the stock bulb and touch it to the terminals wile the LED is still plugged in and see if the LED lights up at the same time. If it does you have a current issue if it don't then your LED bulb is messed up.