Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Aries & PIAA owners! Fogs vs Driving ...

Old 08-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Aries & PIAA owners! Fogs vs Driving ...

I know this has probably been through the wash before...

I have an Aries bullbar that needs some lights. I already have the factory fogs and considering a pair of PIAA fogs. I've taken some measurements and it looks like the PIAA 520's are too big for the Aries (or Westin)? Or just barely fits...Anyone have the Aries with the 520's?

So - I've been looking at the PIAA 540's - which are 5" in diameter and will fit fine. Anyone has picts of the 540's on an Aries (or Westin)?

Would it be totally stupid of me to have two sets of fogs?
The reason I'm not picking driving lights is because I'll very rarely use them. I don't wanna spend that much money on lights and not use 'em.

For those of you who have two sets of fog lights.... When do you run them?
Are you running with both sets of fogs without the main headlights (low beam)? Are you running both sets of fogs with the headlights (low beam)? Or do you run the headlights and only ONE set of fogs?

PA has some weird laws...and my fogs will be illegal mounted on the ARIES anyway because they're not 20" apart. I'm not worried about getting pulled over - but I will have to totally disconnect the lights from power for inspection purposes (and put covers on them).

Just wanted to get some info on what you guys are doing. Any insight is greatly appreciatted!
Thanks!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 AM   #2
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I know this has probably been through the wash before...

I have an Aries bullbar that needs some lights. I already have the factory fogs and considering a pair of PIAA fogs. I've taken some measurements and it looks like the PIAA 520's are too big for the Aries (or Westin)? Or just barely fits...Anyone have the Aries with the 520's?

So - I've been looking at the PIAA 540's - which are 5" in diameter and will fit fine. Anyone has picts of the 540's on an Aries (or Westin)?

Would it be totally stupid of me to have two sets of fogs?
The reason I'm not picking driving lights is because I'll very rarely use them. I don't wanna spend that much money on lights and not use 'em.

For those of you who have two sets of fog lights.... When do you run them?
Are you running with both sets of fogs without the main headlights (low beam)? Are you running both sets of fogs with the headlights (low beam)? Or do you run the headlights and only ONE set of fogs?

PA has some weird laws...and my fogs will be illegal mounted on the ARIES anyway because they're not 20" apart. I'm not worried about getting pulled over - but I will have to totally disconnect the lights from power for inspection purposes (and put covers on them).

Just wanted to get some info on what you guys are doing. Any insight is greatly appreciatted!
Thanks!

And I'll sound like a broken record agian.........LIGHTFORCE!!! You can use them as both a driving light and a fog light from the same unit. They have adjustable housings. They also sell blackout covers for when you are not using them along with about 7 other colors for different driving enviroments. If you turn the mounts around on the 170 Strikers, they will fit perfectly on your Aries. Hope this helps.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin626 View Post
And I'll sound like a broken record agian.........LIGHTFORCE!!! You can use them as both a driving light and a fog light from the same unit. They have adjustable housings. They also sell blackout covers for when you are not using them along with about 7 other colors for different driving enviroments. If you turn the mounts around on the 170 Strikers, they will fit perfectly on your Aries. Hope this helps.
Not interested in the Lightforce - Thanks anyway.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:09 AM   #4
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Not interested in the Lightforce - Thanks anyway.
WHAT?!