Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Driving Lights to mount on a bull bar for a 2003

Old 01-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
dramey is on a distinguished road
Name: Darren
dramey's Tacoma Gallery
Driving Lights to mount on a bull bar for a 2003

I need help. I am not sure what I would be best to put on my bull bar. I think that I want driving lights to mount there and eventially do long range lights on the roof. I did a HID headlight conversion recently and I am still not sure how I feel about it, so I do not think want HID lights. I have looked at KC, PIAA and Hella but i dont know what would be best. I am new to all of this so any help and advice will be appreciated.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my Hellas 3 years ago-still work like new, throw hella light everywhere, and look damn good I love them! Can only use them when nobody's coming the other way or offroad because they are super white and bright.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
dramey's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of KC's and PIAA's better because of the cages around the light. Anybody else have any suggestions?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
That's a nice setup you got there looks simple and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I bought my Hellas 3 years ago-still work like new, throw hella light everywhere, and look damn good I love them! Can only use them when nobody's coming the other way or offroad because they are super white and bright.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
That's a nice setup you got there looks simple and clean.
Thanks Dave
Old 01-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
GOLFMAN845 has a spectacular aura aboutGOLFMAN845 has a spectacular aura aboutGOLFMAN845 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nic
GOLFMAN845's Tacoma Gallery
My Driving Lights

I am running 5" (4 3/4") KC Driving Lights, with a fog light switch out of a 4Runner. It is a push button switch like Rear Diff switch, it mounted right below the ash tray where there are some pluged holes, next to the power outlets. I have a picture of the lights, but not of the switch. However I couldn't figure out how to get the switch to light up, it turns the lights on and off.

Here are the lights.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
dramey's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.shrockworks.com/piaa-525-...-pr-16208.html

I am thinking about getting these, I really like them because they are dual beam. Any thoughts? I found them on ebay for $300.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramey View Post
http://www.shrockworks.com/piaa-525-...-pr-16208.html

I am thinking about getting these, I really like them because they are dual beam. Any thoughts? I found them on ebay for $300.
I think those are badass-I see what ya mean the cages!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I love my PIAAs. 4 520s up top on my rack back in the day but sold the camper and moved 2 of them down to my brush guard. (no pics sorry) But as for the light output, you cant beat it. I have 35 watt 5000k HIDs in my head lights and the bright white of the HIDs plus the yellow/orange of the 520 PIAA really pick up everything reflective on the roads. The PIAAs put a beam about 300-400 yards ahead of the truck and the HIDs put a beam right out in front of the truck out to about where the PIAA pick up. The PIAAs are a bit more costly than the KCs but I personally think it is worth it.

Here's a pic of them on the rack.

Here they are on:

Here they are behind the grill plus back when I had 8000k HIDs