Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM Tuning problems...interior running lights?

Old 01-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
96tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: aj
96tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
DDM Tuning problems...interior running lights?

I just installed H1 6K 55W DDM Tuning HID kit today. I have the ebay projectors as well...Now i was running just the plane bulbs when i got the ebay kit and it was working fine...now i replaced them today with the DDM kit and the interior lights are not coming on when i turn on my headlights...(the ac/heater controls dont light up and the dash does not dim cuz i have a poineer z-110)

I have a 2009 double cab now...not a 1996.

does anyone know what happened?
Old 01-21-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
Smackalicious!
Bz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 169th FW
Name: Bryan
Bz3r0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bz3r0 Send a message via Yahoo to Bz3r0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96tacoma View Post
I just installed H1 6K 55W DDM Tuning HID kit today. I have the ebay projectors as well...Now i was running just the plane bulbs when i got the ebay kit and it was working fine...now i replaced them today with the DDM kit and the interior lights are not coming on when i turn on my headlights...(the ac/heater controls dont light up and the dash does not dim cuz i have a poineer z-110)

I have a 2009 double cab now...not a 1996.

does anyone know what happened?
Hmm.... Did you check your fuses? Its possible you blew something.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:36 AM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Check where you tapped the angel eyes into.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:43 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few different ebay projectors. 2 kinds are pnp. Which ones do you have? gen 1,2 or 3? I have the ccfl gen 2s and the housing says H1 but the bulbs that came in them were H7 silverstars. Did you buy based on the bulb or what the housing said on it? Then again, as was stated, start checking fuses and such. Did you use the battery harness as is suggested with all 55w HID kits? questions questions questions..........
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
There are a few different ebay projectors. 2 kinds are pnp. Which ones do you have? gen 1,2 or 3? I have the ccfl gen 2s and the housing says H1 but the bulbs that came in them were H7 silverstars. Did you buy based on the bulb or what the housing said on it? Then again, as was stated, start checking fuses and such. Did you use the battery harness as is suggested with all 55w HID kits? questions questions questions..........

05-10 TOYOTA TACOMA BLK PROJECTOR LED EYELID HEADLIGHTS are the ones i got off ebay. i did not look at what the housing said on it but the H1 bulb fit. I will start checking fuses now and yes i did hook up to the battery.

lets hope its just a fuse

thanks guys
Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
05-10 TOYOTA TACOMA BLK PROJECTOR LED EYELID HEADLIGHTS are the ones i got off ebay. i did not look at what the housing said on it but the H1 bulb fit. I will start checking fuses now and yes i did hook up to the battery.

lets hope its just a fuse

thanks guys
I'm thinking maybe you forgot to disconnect the battery when adding electronics, or perhaps the terminal clamp slipped and touched the batter post when you were under the hood.

Sounds like blow fuses. $0.02
Old 01-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
yea i hope it is
Old 01-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
05-10 TOYOTA TACOMA BLK PROJECTOR LED EYELID HEADLIGHTS are the ones i got off ebay.
These?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...Q5fAccessories

These?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories

These?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

05-10 Tacoma black projector LED isn't specific, no matter what size font or whether it's caps or how bolded or underlined it is.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...Q5fAccessories

these
Old 01-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
just checked my headlight fuses and non are blown...i have no idea
Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #11
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just checked my headlight fuses and non are blown...i have no idea
Check your interior lighting fuses not the headlight I really doubt they run on the same fuse. Also double check all you wiring that somethig didn't short out cause when ya get a short in the back of the truck you could have some thing act up anywhere in the truck and so on and so forth.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
jonurfan is on a distinguished road
Name: jonathan
jonurfan's Tacoma Gallery
im having the same problem. i installed the same HID kit about 2 weeks ago. i have the stock headlights though. they were working fine. then tonight i was driving and noticed that my dash lights dont come on. i have the stock radio. when the headlights are off, the radio light is on. but when i turn the headlights on, the light turns off.... help would be much appreciated...
Old 02-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #13
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
half of my dash wasn't illuminated when i bought the truck. smacked the top of the dash hard and almost half of them came on then one night going out to tow out on of my buddies i accdentally hit a huge bump and the whole dash lit up. havent had a problem since. oh yeah i have the ddm tuning kit 55w in my truck also.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #14
jonurfan is on a distinguished road
Name: jonathan
jonurfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Did you bump the dimmer dial when installing? Happened to me once, then I rotated the adjuster, and they lit up.....
im just saying.... cuz it worked for me =)