Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Easiest Fog Anytime mod?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Easiest Fog Anytime mod?

Okay so I wanna do the foglights anytime mod, but I don't wanna splice into any wires or anything really since its a new truck...I did see a few weeks back a guy post in a thread about an easier way to do it, I don't think it required in splicing or anything hard at all...and I believe it made it so you could use fogs w/ parking lights, and then both headlight beams.

I can't find it, so could someone post a link or a step by step on how to do fogs anytime mod the easiest way?

I want the easiest way to do fogs anytime, I don't wanna mess any wires up..

Thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
easiest way is to add a wire between your fog relay and splice it into your green power wire in you fuse box. i don't think you can do the mode without splicing into something.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post45430

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-included.html
Old 01-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
easiest way is to add a wire between your fog relay and splice it into your green power wire in you fuse box. i don't think you can do the mode without splicing into something.
^^^ what he said. Just do it. It literally takes 10 minutes and looks seamless.

Go to Radio Shak and get an assorted wire crimp/splice kit that includes snap wire splicers like this:

And female crimp-on wire connectors like this:

And a 6" long piece of 16awg wire will do the trick.

Then if for some reason you want to un-do it, you can remove the snap splice and wrap a piece of electrical tape around the green wire that will have only a 1/64" long piece of bare wire that needs to be covered.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
^ that's it!

No splicing...just tapping into a wire. It's very easy with those blue quick connects. And the spade connector just crimps onto the little tab. Follow the directions in that link. It is very easy.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Since im at newb at the splicing and wire stuff, can anyone upload a pic so i know what it should look like and which relay/wire is the right one??
Old 02-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #7
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
There is no doubt this is the easiest way to do it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...high-beam.html