1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to swap Fog light bulb

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jward2331, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jan 24, 2011 at 12:58 PM
    jward2331

jward2331 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    Okay, stupid question here. I just bought a set of NOKYA H-10 2500K 45W bulbs and went to put them in. I've replaced light bulbs before and tried to twist the thing counter clockwise and it won't budge. Before I break something, which way do I turn the damn thing? :homer:

2. Jan 24, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    I don't remember but it's only a quarter turn. Only problem I had was getting them seated prior to making the turn to secure them.

3. Jan 24, 2011 at 1:02 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    i had to really push in hard n turn ........i idk what direction.....
    they wont break unless its like -30 out

4. Jan 24, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    No pushing needed. Just turn 1/4 counter-clockwise and pull out.

5. Jan 25, 2011 at 2:40 AM
    jward2331

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I got the lights in the mail and only had a few minutes before I had stuff to do so I was rushed. I got all day to swap them out today. I'll take my time and twist them counter clockwise.

6. Jan 25, 2011 at 8:08 AM
    jward2331

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    Sucess! Geez, they came right out and new ones right in. It pays when you are not in a rush...

Thanks again.

Also, just did the fog lamps on any time mod while I was at it.

7. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    NMTrailRider

NMTrailRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    just curious... did they burn out or did you swap them for something better?
    and if there's something better, what is it? i might wanna do it too.

8. Jan 31, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    jward2331

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    I wanted to go with yellow fog lights. A lot of people are using the laminate stuff on the outside lens. I didn't want them to look yellow all the time, just when I turned them on. With my light set-up, I have a lot of variables. My Hella's behind the grill are next to mod. I am going to put in HID bulbs because I was disapointed with the range. The HID will be a long pencil beam. I don't keep my fogs on like a lot of people do. I use them when needed.
    I also installed the harness and relay for the day time driving lights which are the inside marker lights from the headlight. Then I can be cool with them on.... not fogs
    Long story short.... that's why I changed out the bulbs, I am happy with what I did.

9. Jan 31, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    The bulbs he swapped the stocks for are Nokya Arctic Yellow bulbs. They do what he said, look normal when not on, yellow when they're on. Some people say the yellow is easier to see in foul weather. I made the same swap a month ago and am happy with them so far!

10. Jan 31, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    jward2331

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    Exactly what I was looking for. I have the yellow fogs for fog/snow (even if some say it isn't better), the Hella's behind the grill for long reach (once the HID are in), DTRL to look cool during the day (I even put a switch in the system so I can turn the effect off) and any combination of all the lights because I did the Fog lights on anytime mod and the Hella's are hooked up so I can turn them on anytime.

11. Feb 5, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    TennesseeFan76

TennesseeFan76 I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Member:
    First Name:
    Phill Goodfactor
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DCLB
    3 inch lift, Debadged, 5% Tint, Custom Stereo, BHLM, Fog Light Mod, Sockmonkey Decals, OEM Bedmat, Plasti Dip Front Valence, Slims 6K HIDs (thanks goes to TheGloryFades), Hyper yellow fog lights, LED interior lights, Satoshi Grille with FJ Emblem, Pro Comp lights behind Satoshi, FatMat
    Just did this mod. Really like it.

Products Discussed in

To Top