Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Installed Raptor H4 H/L kit - now High Beam indicator (dash light) won't work

Old 01-26-2011, 04:43 AM   #1
Artax
ezatnova is on a distinguished road
ezatnova's Tacoma Gallery
Question Installed Raptor H4 H/L kit - now High Beam indicator (dash light) won't work

Installed the Raptor kit in my 2004 Tacoma last night. Kit works AWESOME. VERY impressed with the Low and High beam (got 5000k 35 w kit). The only issue I see is that the blue dash indicator for high beams doesn't work anymore. I'm 99.9% sure the indicator was working just fine before I did this install, so it's not like the dash light is burned out (unless it randomly blew during the install).

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
sounds fishy
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
Artax
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
sounds fishy
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
idk mabye someone else will chime in......
mabye the bulb just burnt out
Old 01-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
Artax
No, like I said, it was on right before the install.

As another hint, the problem is solved if I plug one of the old H4 bulbs Ito the open old (unused) socket (the passenger side one, if you follow the directions.). So, something is not completing the ground (?) in the circuit. Yes, I have the ground on both sides attached.

I left a tech help request with DDM but I know they can be shady with help. As usual, you call their phone number and it's infinitely busy. Nice.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
My HID kit does the same thing it's no biggie.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Artax
Ah. Found this thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ion-light.html

Same problem. Must be the DDM kit. Surprised there aren't MORE complaints about this, since so many people have DDMs. Makes sense. The car is "looking" for a higher voltage which normall occurs when activating the highs. The DDMs don't change, they simply move in and out. Also makes sense why the light works when I plug the h4 back in the empty socket. It's NOT a ground/circuit issue, it's just that the one regular h4 bulb let's it "see" a real high beam wattage being used and that lights the blue light.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
Artax
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707Bro View Post
My HID kit does the same thing it's no biggie.
Agreed. Not a huge deal. Well worth the tradeoff. I did drive around in the snow all day today with my highs on though.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:15 AM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I have the same problem, even before the ddm kits my old his kit does the same