Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

New lightbar- which lights? interference with air flow?

Old 01-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
trdchic is on a distinguished road
Name: Wouldn't you like to know!
trdchic's Tacoma Gallery
Question New lightbar- which lights? interference with air flow?

Just installed a lightbar and need lights for it. Not sure which lights to get. KC's? Hella's? I want bright white light but nothing super high end. Not sure which size...will larger lights interfere with the airflow since the lights will be mounted in front of the radiator?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Hella 500FFs are thin and 65 a pair and can be converted to HID.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post

Where did you get that light bar from??
Old 01-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

smittybuilt off ebay, about 125 IIRC.....same as nfab

link to mine on jc whitney........

http://www.jcwhitney.com/street-ligh...75416&TID=BING
Old 01-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest Piaa 520 ATP, i have 4 of them, bright as hell, hellas are great too, i had 2 on my bullbar but one got ripped off at the carwash
Old 01-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I like it, Trying to get one. Do you still have the link by any chance?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
trdchic is on a distinguished road
Name: Wouldn't you like to know!
trdchic's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:

Why convert to HID? Do I really need to?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #10
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
smittybuilt off ebay, about 125 IIRC.....same as nfab

link to mine on jc whitney........

http://www.jcwhitney.com/street-ligh...75416&TID=BING
Excellent!! Thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #11
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdchic View Post
You don't "need" to. It's a matter of preference. Like TengoTaco said, check the group buy.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:49 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdchic View Post
Need, want, yeah a preference thing. IMO, the output compared to halogen is worth doing the HIDs and you can have whatever color you want-yellow, white, blue, purple etc. I'm gonna be doing mine in 55w 3000k or 4500k eventually. Doing the fogs made huge difference in being useful vs. just being decoration. I'm pretty sure the difference will be much bigger going with a 55w HID vs. 35w HID or having the halogen h3.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pair Lightforce 240's on a N-Fab bar on my truck. No interference with airflow. In fact, I have a for sale thread for them in the FS forum for the lights and bar... (shameless plug).
Old 01-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I got PIAA 520 driving lights behind my Satoshi and I love them!! PIAA's are a bit on the pricey side just so you know. No, they will not interfere with the wind.