Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Ambient LED Install in a 2005 Tacoma X-Runner

Old 01-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
BlackStealthPearl is on a distinguished road
BlackStealthPearl's Tacoma Gallery
Ambient LED Install in a 2005 Tacoma X-Runner

Had a friend here in Tucson do an installation of LED ambient lighting inside my X-Runner. He also did a similar installation in my MazdaSpeed3.

Enjoy !

Old 01-31-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
KaliTaco is on a distinguished road
KaliTaco's Tacoma Gallery
very very nice looking...great job.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
thats just freakin awesome!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
whats the price on something like that? ill be in tucson next weekend and im real interested
Old 01-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
are those cold flood cathodes under your seats or just leds?
Old 02-01-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
Thanks for the comments !

Toyotadude5, sent you a message with details about the install and the installer.

Shemicals, I'm guessing they're just LED's, not sure what cold flood cathodes are or that I could have only paid what I did for something with that fancy a name
Old 02-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #7
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
dude that looks amazing! mega props for that
Old 02-01-2011, 05:44 AM   #8
Here are some installation photos from the LED installation done on my MazdaSpeed3 (done by the same guy). The Mazda install was a later gen installation and incorporated some new techniques developed since the Tacoma install.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 AM   #9
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
damn that looks great
Old 02-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #10
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
That's looks real nice. Just curious, how bright is it actually? I understand that taking night photos when done correctly exxagerates how bright the lights really are. Are they too bright when driving at night or just the right amount of light. I have a lexus IS250 that has that ambient lighting from the factory in a lot of places similar to that, but it's not as bright or at least I don't notice it anymore. I want to do the same to my truck, but I think I'll just go with the same amber color as everything else.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul's TRD View Post
That's looks real nice. Just curious, how bright is it actually? I understand that taking night photos when done correctly exxagerates how bright the lights really are. Are they too bright when driving at night or just the right amount of light. I have a lexus IS250 that has that ambient lighting from the factory in a lot of places similar to that, but it's not as bright or at least I don't notice it anymore. I want to do the same to my truck, but I think I'll just go with the same amber color as everything else.
Well, in terms of brightness, the photos were somewhat adjusted to increase brightness and contrast. I do often drive with them turned on and there isn't so much glare that they would interfere with nighttime vision. They are pehaps comparable to an OEM installation (such as would be in your Lexus).
Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #12
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
can i ask how much that process cost?
and did you have to go to a specialized store for that or would common brand stores be able to?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeton View Post
can i ask how much that process cost?
and did you have to go to a specialized store for that or would common brand stores be able to?
Hello ... in terms of your questions about the LED installation, it was done by my friend here in Tucson. He's starting a dedicated business that does just this (LED work on vehicles) as well as commercial lighting applications. Typically, common stores (like Best Buys, etc) do not do this kind of work, you have to find a specialty operation for this kind of work. I don't know what may be available in your specific location, but there generally aren't very many folk that do this and many that do it often will only do it as part of another larger job (say stereo overhauls, custom car builds, etc). My friend will be the only one in Tucson, AZ, and possibly one of only two in all of southern AZ. As for costing, that really depends on what you want, where the lights go and what kind of custom fabrication is necessary (mounting, plexiglass diffusers, etc).
Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #14
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStealthPearl View Post
Hello ... in terms of your questions about the LED installation, it was done by my friend here in Tucson. He's starting a dedicated business that does just this (LED work on vehicles) as well as commercial lighting applications. Typically, common stores (like Best Buys, etc) do not do this kind of work, you have to find a specialty operation for this kind of work. I don't know what may be available in your specific location, but there generally aren't very many folk that do this and many that do it often will only do it as part of another larger job (say stereo overhauls, custom car builds, etc). My friend will be the only one in Tucson, AZ, and possibly one of only two in all of southern AZ. As for costing, that really depends on what you want, where the lights go and what kind of custom fabrication is necessary (mounting, plexiglass diffusers, etc).
oh okay thats ashame not more people do that, will still kinda look around here to see if anyone would haha, but tell your buddy he does great work!