1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Projector Lights for 2001 Tacoma Prerunner

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by David2021, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Jan 31, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    David2021

David2021 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2001 Preunner
    New black paint job, about to get some new rims, lights and make it look a bit more modern sometime soon.
    Hello Everyone,

I hate for my first post to be a request post so allow me to introduce myself, and then place my request. I'm new to the forums, and mistakenly came across them by looking for mods for my 01 tacoma which was given to me by my dad as a high school present when I was about 16. After a few years of putting it through hell, after graduating from college I finally started to put some money into it and fixed her up to look like new again, seeing as how she has 120k, I'm sure it'd last me about another 100k more and don't plan on getting a new vehicle till the Tacoma dies. Just got a new paint job, fixed the dings and now I'm just looking for accessories to make her look nicer. First things first, though, I need new lights and have found that finding Projector lights (angel eyes, halos etc) to be quite a hard find for this particular year of Tacoma. So I wonder, does anyone know where I may be able to locate some, and if anyone on the forum makes them, how much they would sell them?

Also, I'll lurk the forums a bit more for some ideas on how to get my truck to look a bit nicer, now I just wish my dad got the v6 instead of the 4 cyl so I can go a bit faster haha, but a turbo in a 4 doesn't seem like it'd do much, oh well. Enough rambling, thanks in advance.

2. Feb 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM
    SlimDigg

SlimDigg We Back!!

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    Coming Soon....
  3. Feb 1, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    David2021

David2021 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2001 Preunner
    New black paint job, about to get some new rims, lights and make it look a bit more modern sometime soon.

Ouch, talk about breaking the bank. Why would anyone sell lights for so much money? Retrofit seems to be the only logical choice, maybe I can buy the parts and have someone assemble it for me as I usually tend to break what I touch if it requires delicate procedure haha. Thank you for the reply btw, I wish I would've known about this website earlier.

4. Feb 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    lonzorizo

lonzorizo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lonnie
    Hoopa, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD OR, 2016 TRD OR Tacoma
  5. Feb 10, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    supremetaco2

supremetaco2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    +hp, lifted, lights, dif breather mod, debadged, shorty antenna...
    1grand they fukn out of their mind... someone on here i think did them iirc.. search for it in the 1st gen section

Products Discussed in

To Top