Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

05+ Climate control back light and face color change

Old 01-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #42
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
i want this done!!! but i already messed one up soooo
Old 06-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #43
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
Sorry I missed this, I would have replied sooner but I over looked it.

Here ya go.

Anyone giving this a shot out there?
I'm researching how to make this 125+ colors that are controllable by multiple means. Any other tips for changing out the CD display LEDs besides bending the display back? I have an extra radio to experiment with, but it's a 6-CD so I'd like to preserve it and use it later if possible

Also, how did your steering wheel LEDs go? I haven't seen that one before!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #44
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post
I'm researching how to make this 125+ colors that are controllable by multiple means. Any other tips for changing out the CD display LEDs besides bending the display back? I have an extra radio to experiment with, but it's a 6-CD so I'd like to preserve it and use it later if possible

Also, how did your steering wheel LEDs go? I haven't seen that one before!
I didn't bend the screen back at all. I bent a soldering iron tip 90 degrees, (when the iron was hot) to get to the back of the LED. There is some flex in the screen's needles. I would put some tape on the underside of the screen to be safe and prevent an accident with the iron getting to close to the screen. It is a pretty tight fit.

The steering wheel LEDs are pretty easy. It is three of the same ones that are used on the dash's gauges.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #45
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Jones u wanna do this for me I'll pay you
Old 06-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #47

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I did 2 he didn't answer my pm
Old 07-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #48

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so he answered me I set him mine did it in a day an sent it back it's awsome can't wait for it to come in
Old 07-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #50
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
so you used acetone on the A/C and recirculate buttons to get the amber off, why not just use that too for the other controls? I'm just wondering cause it seems like the easiest way of removing the amber film, also, to get yours blue, you changed out the LEDs to blue right? so in their stock form they're white?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #51
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
so you used acetone on the A/C and recirculate buttons to get the amber off, why not just use that too for the other controls? I'm just wondering cause it seems like the easiest way of removing the amber film, also, to get yours blue, you changed out the LEDs to blue right? so in their stock form they're white?
The two parts are made differently. The dials have a clear base that is about 1/4 inch thick, then the silver dials are glued on top of the clear base of the dials. The back of the silver dial's cover has the amber coloring, so it is in between the outside part of the silver dials and the clear base of the dials.

The best way to get the blue color is to color the backside with blue sharpie. Changing the bulbs to blue messes up the red dial for the heat.
In stock form after taking out the amber, the incandescent bulbs have a yellowish light. Changing to a white LEDs makes it look better.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #52
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The two parts are made differently. The dials have a clear base that is about 1/4 inch thick, then the silver dials are glued on top of the clear base of the dials. The back of the silver dial's cover has the amber coloring, so it is in between the outside part of the silver dials and the clear base of the dials.

The best way to get the blue color is to color the backside with blue sharpie. Changing the bulbs to blue messes up the red dial for the heat.
In stock form after taking out the amber, the incandescent bulbs have a yellowish light. Changing to a white LEDs makes it look better.
ahh okay cool, i gotcha, ill have to mess around with this, thanks for the great write up man
Old 09-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #53
waheed is on a distinguished road

Name: Waheed
waheed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry I missed this, I would have replied sooner but I over looked it.

Here ya go.

Anyone giving this a shot out there?
That is awesome man from Canada.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #54
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Doing this to my truck today...well startin on my extra controls
Old 09-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #55

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Doing this to my truck today...well startin on my extra controls

Nice. Good luck. Send me a PM if you need to or post it.

A while back I switched all my LEDs to white and took all the blue out on the A/C controls.

No picture that I can find. I will find one and post it up later today.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #56
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome thanks man!!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #57
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing tho, I think I'm going to custom make my own small board to add to the inside for extra lighting...
Old 09-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #58

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Only thing tho, I think I'm going to custom make my own small board to add to the inside for extra lighting...
I was thinking something similar to that too. I might have to learn to make pcb's next.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #59
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I learned how to cut, ecth and make them in school....but I don't have the materials necessery to make them so I was thinking of using some small ones they sell at this store oh here and merging them together on the inside to complete the whole "background" lighting
Like blue LEDs and red ones on the temp part
Old 09-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #60
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got it to here...
I soldered some LEDs in place for now...you can kinda see them

Slowly killing the last of the orange

you sir are a genius...i would have never had the balls to try this...lol