Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

05+ Climate control back light and face color change

Old 10-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #62
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
No scaling needed on the file, print as is. It will fit on half of a 8.5x11 sheet. I would cut one sheet in half making a 4.25x11 inch and print it down the center.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #63
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Just thought I'd post up and say that I'm following this how-to to change the color of mine

I put the center dash section from a 2012 into my 2006 and I'm now changing the color of the climate controls to match, as well as changing all the LED's over to blue. I've already change the LED's the in the gauge cluster to blue, so the climate controls and clock are the only thing I have left. Now that I have the clock out of a 2012, that'll will be a TON easier to change the color of than the older one...

And here's my contribution; decal layouts for the models without the Max AC option! Not in a photoshop file either, just a jpeg, so you can open and print them on any machine. I'm not 100% sure about the scaling yet, but I just converted Jones files over to jpeg and then modified them, so they should be the same size.

I would embed them into the post, but they're pretty massive, lol, so a link will have to do.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...calRevised.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...calRevised.jpg
Old 11-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #64
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And here's the silver bezel, sanded smooth, painted with gloss black, and letting a second layer of gloss clear coat to dry. Making the bezel gloss and the dials will be matte, so it should blend nice with the 2012 dash kit and clock above it. The paint is looking a little "orange peely", but I'm hoping it wont be too noticeable once in the truck.

Will be working on the dials this week; have to print them out at work (I'm out of color in the printer at home, lol)
Old 11-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #65
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
That looks awesome man where'd you score the 2012 parts?
Old 11-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #66
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
^^
Nice work.

I have the file with out the max ac on there. I can save it as a jpeg file and post a link later today.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #67
Licensed Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
That looks awesome man where'd you score the 2012 parts?
Thanks. I work at an auto salvage yard (LKQ) and we had one 2012 come through; the ONLY 2012 I've seen come through, so I snagged the center section of the dash and the black center console out of it, lol. I only wish we'd get one in that was a double cab, because I want some black carpet; apparently they only started putting black carpet in them in 2012... Had the front of that truck not have been demolished, I probably would have gotten all the parts to change the front end to a 2012 as well

I'm doing the mods to a spare climate control unit that I had also got from work so in case I horribly screw it up, I always have one to go back to, lol. But I took the newly painted bezel and put it on the still untouched silver dials that were in the truck, and I have to admit it actually looks pretty decent as it is! But I'm still going to finish off the other one I have and make the dials flat black and try it out and see how it looks; I just think it would blend in better since the radio dash kit has a flat black around the clock. Plus I'll be able to change the colors of the lighted portions, which is really what I set out to do in the first place

Here's how it looks now. I just took the pics in the dark so it's hard to see it very well; I can try to get some better ones tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
^^
Nice work.

I have the file with out the max ac on there. I can save it as a jpeg file and post a link later today.
Thanks

Sorry I didn't even see the non max one, lol
Old 11-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #68

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
Sorry I didn't even see the non max one, lol

I just finished putting it up, it is in the write up on the 1st post now for everyone. It wasn't there before.

I put one for Photoshop and Jpeg for each type, with Max AC and without.

Nice work on the trim piece. I like the look.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #69
Licensed Lunatic

Quote:
I just finished putting it up, it is in the write up on the 1st post now for everyone. It wasn't there before.

I put one for Photoshop and Jpeg for each type, with Max AC and without.

Nice work on the trim piece. I like the look.
Ah I see.

Thanks. If I still was using the 2006 parts and dash kit, I wouldn't have bothered sanding it smooth and making it gloss, but the only 2012 radio dash kits I've seen are gloss black like the one I have, so I just wanted it to match. It doesn't match exactly because the radio kit seems to have a very small metal flake look in the finish, but it's hardly noticeable enough to ever tell. Hopefully it looks good when the sun comes up tomorrow and I get a first good look at it, lol.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #70
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Looks super clean man you're making me want a 12 dash kit over my pioneer!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #71
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
Ah I see.

Thanks. If I still was using the 2006 parts and dash kit, I wouldn't have bothered sanding it smooth and making it gloss, but the only 2012 radio dash kits I've seen are gloss black like the one I have, so I just wanted it to match. It doesn't match exactly because the radio kit seems to have a very small metal flake look in the finish, but it's hardly noticeable enough to ever tell. Hopefully it looks good when the sun comes up tomorrow and I get a first good look at it, lol.
lucky!!! if you come thru a 2013...pm me please...i need a specific harness asap

ill pay you!!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #72
Licensed Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
Looks super clean man you're making me want a 12 dash kit over my pioneer!
There's a silver version as well that is usually in the Prerunners and what-not, but I actually grabbed this one out of a base model specifically because it wasn't silver. I like it though; gives it a bit more of a modern look, maybe because it's just something different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
lucky!!! if you come thru a 2013...pm me please...i need a specific harness asap

ill pay you!!
We don't get a whole lot of vehicles that new, but I'll keep my eye out. If a 2013 Tacoma comes in, I'll be the first to know about it; I watch the new arrivals roll in on flatbeds from my desk every day SOMEHOW, we got a TX Pro in a few months back; I couldn't believe my eyes! I got 3 good wheels off it, and will be ordering a 4th new one soon I'm SUPER excited about that upgrade! These have turned out to be a RIDICULOUSLY hard to find wheel, but I think I've found where I can get one. $255 shipped for the one wheel

Old 05-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #76
twk62390 is on a distinguished road
twk62390's Tacoma Gallery
I know this post is old but I was wondering where I can find the print out for after painting and with the max ac button. All I found was the print out for before painting.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #77

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twk62390 View Post
I know this post is old but I was wondering where I can find the print out for after painting and with the max ac button. All I found was the print out for before painting.
The links are right after the picture with the finished painting part in the write up.

Quote:
Files for printing in both Photoshop and in jpeg format.
NO Max A/C on the dial: PSD file, JPEG file
WITH Max A/C on the dial: PSD file, JPEG file
Old 05-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #78
twk62390 is on a distinguished road
twk62390's Tacoma Gallery
I completely overlooked that...thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 03:27 AM   #79
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking into changing the color of the silver dials to black to match the rest of my dash. I'm fine with the stock color of the lights. Do you think I could just pop off the silver dials, remove the silver layer, and then put on the black printed labels? I'm just a little concerned about the amount of light that would shine through the printed labels might not be enough.