Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID Projector Retro Fit Project

Old 09-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
Vacuum Leaks
X-Travagant will become famous soon enoughX-Travagant will become famous soon enough
X-Travagant's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to X-Travagant
HID Projector Retro Fit Project

Hey Fellas Im new here and wanted to share some pics of a kit I have been working on for the last month and just completed install on a test truck this weekend. The kit is totally plug and play and requires the same steps as the black headlight mod. Cutoff is amazing and it is a complete hi/lo plug and play kit. I think they turned out awesome and am interested to get feedback so that I can possible bring these to Tacoma owners everywhere...thanks fellas!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is so clean and nice.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
Vacuum Leaks
X-Travagant will become famous soon enoughX-Travagant will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Your truck is so clean and nice.
Is not my truck but thank you...its a truck I'm using for R&D
Old 09-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think thats the nicest HID install I have seen in a Tacoma! Good job!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Hi X-Travagant
Where did you buy the parts to make it?
If I pay you, will you make one set for me?
I have the HID Hi/Lo already.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 09-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the nicest x-runner i have ever seen!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
Vacuum Leaks
back to the top fellas I have a GB on another forum pm me of you are interested...
Old 11-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
I don't, by the time they send me a PM< I already install the HID Hi/Lo and the HID fog light, so I do not want to spend any more $$$ .
Old 11-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #12
Vacuum Leaks
The group buy just ended on the other forum, the original truck has had no issues with the kit and has been running for 2 months. The parts are from kits I sell and have been tested for over a year. If you guys are interested I can do a group buy for this board sometime near Thanksgiving due to needing to fullfill the needs of the first group buy. PM me with question but fastest response time will be to email me directly at jason@luminoussolutions.us.

I apologize if I missed anyone previously as I'm not on this board alot....let me know if there is interest.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #14
Vacuum Leaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Thanks for the info and quick response. Damn. I am just researching my options now.

Just so you know I also have affordable kits that are manufactured in germany and also carry Philips HID kits if you are looking for the best on the market at thebest price

When it come to HIDs you get what you pay for just like anything else in this crazy world.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #16
Vacuum Leaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I have some HIDs Head/fog on my truck and was looking for a better way to aim them that is what sparked me looking through these post. Was kinda considering Projection any thoughts on that?
The projector kit that I have is a happy medium between a full retro and a reg HID kit. The projectors are fully adjustable with the stock headlight adjustments. The only negative aspect is that the kit uses a different bulb and not H4 and due to warranty issues the kit comes as a a kit with new ballasts and such. So if you have a HID kit already its basically not going to save you any.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #18
Vacuum Leaks
No problem I'll be around...
Old 03-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #19
Costco Gold Star Member
superHI is on a distinguished road

superHI's Tacoma Gallery
beauty