1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring Piaa 510

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by cotruckin, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Feb 4, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    cotruckin

cotruckin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westminster, CO.
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 06 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 Lift with rear 1" blocks, ARE Z series topper with Yakima rack and Rola basket, some audio equipment, some more goodies
    I just got a set of the Piaa 510 for my All Pro bumper, and I was wondering if I could just wire the lights to the factory foglight wiring or if I have to run the new harness. I did see that in the wiring that came with the Piaa's that there is a 20A inline fuse and I do believe the stock ones are only 10A. I tried searching for it but was wondering if anyone had done this.
    Thanks

2. Feb 4, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I've got 520's installed and I re-ran the wiring but kept the stock switch. The PIAA's will have more draw than the OEM lights. You'd probably be fine if you just swapped the fuse and but wire is cheap and it wasn't worth having an electrcal problem later.

3. Feb 4, 2011 at 7:56 AM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    fwiw, i'd recommend using the harness suppled by piaa. As to your question though, I don't have an answer...i bet someone will chime in though. In the meantime, you may consider checking out the mods & tutorials link at the top of the page, specifically the sublink titled wiring aftermarket lighting.

good luck man. :thumbsup:

EDIT: pugga beat me to it. :)

4. Feb 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM
    cotruckin

Member:
    Westminster, CO.
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 06 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 Lift with rear 1" blocks, ARE Z series topper with Yakima rack and Rola basket, some audio equipment, some more goodies
    Yeah, I guess I will just run the new harness, I was just hoping for someting quick. Maybe I will make a custom bracket and put the stock fog lights in the upper center holes of the All Pro and get HID's for them.

5. Feb 4, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Haha, you said you wanted something quick and your considering custom fabricating a bracket for stock fogs vs tracing stock wiring back and just plugging it into the stock switch? All you need to do is swap out wiring, the switches and relays are all included with the PIAA kit. But... if you decide to sell off those 510's, let me know :D

Try the PIAAs with your stock wiring, but I think you'll end up blowing that 10A fuse. It's not typically a good idea to upgrade fuses without making sure the wiring can handle the extra load.

6. Feb 4, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    cotruckin

Member:
    Westminster, CO.
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 06 TRD Sport
    I meant something quick as in plugging them into the stock harness and going with it. I will do the. Custom bracket for the stock fogs in the center section and run the stock wiring to those then to the new harness and switch to the 510's in the fog light location.

7. May 26, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    CVTejas

CVTejas CVTejas

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport
    Farad Cold Air Intake, BFG All Terrains, ARE Z-Series Deluxe Fiberglass Top w/ Keyless Entry and LED interior lighting,Road Armor front bumper w PIAA 510 driving lights, Edlebrock adjustable shocks w factory coils, road Armor front bumper. Kenwood DDX8901HD
    Well, did you get the PIAA's installed? I'm installing my Road Armor bumper and the PIAA 510's tonight so I was looking for guidance on how to use the factory wires to pull the PIAA wiring through the firewall.

I know some of you mentioned using the stock switch, was there any retro fitting / custom fab required or did it just plug in?

CVTejas

Products Discussed in

To Top