Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Baja Designs Stealth

Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Tacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacovendor's Tacoma Gallery
Baja Designs Stealth

Got the Baja Designs "Stealth" LED light bar installed. To say it's bright is an understatement. It's brighter than the 4 8" HID La Paz lights. The light is extremely even and there are virtually no shadows.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Tacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Will try tonight
Old 02-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Bosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Chris
Bosworth5's Tacoma Gallery
Lucky man. A good amount of Class 1s and TT had those when I was in mex for the Baja and let me tell you, THEY ARE BRIGHT. Congrats.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #6

Took some pictures tonight and added one of the rock lights.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
Damn those things light up the road
Old 02-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #8
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
SWEET, looks like they give a real nice evenly distributed clear light
Old 02-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #9
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
HOLY-FUCK-BALLS!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacovendor View Post
Took some pictures tonight and added one of the rock lights.

is that just those lights???are the headlights on too??that is crazy bright.what did that light run you??
Old 02-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #11
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at that but have still not been convinced about the range. I just installed (4) 8" La Paz HIDs on the roof and I plan on taking some night shots for comparison vs this light bar.

Baja Designs makes killer stuff and I highly recommend them in LED or HID. Their customer service is top notch.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #12

I also have 4 HID's on my FJ and the LEDs are brighter. one of the most impressive things it fills in light and there are few shadows. I will try to get both vehicles out and get some pictures of HID/LED.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #13
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Heh... I can't believe I am saying this but I am actually impressed!

EDIT: Just looked them up and HOLD GOD DAMN! Like $1500 for that bar! I really like it, but I would be far to paranoid of it being stolen. I have a hard enough time leaving my HIDs driving lights on the pickup
Old 02-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have pictures of just the light bar shining down the road without headlights? Curious about the range.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #15

The second set of pics is w/o headlights. This is the 40" bar.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #16

Should have some comparison shots soon.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #17

Just have to say after a couple of night trips to the desert these are hands down the best lights I have ever run!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #18
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just have to say after a couple of night trips to the desert these are hands down the best lights I have ever run!
I would hope they are for the price

I've always liked the led lightbars
Old 03-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #19
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have you used them while running with others who are ahead of you... in other words, in dust?

I was told that they reflect off dust particles far worse since they light up so much area ahead of you (like daylight). This is great if you are solo running at night, of course... But, in off road racing where you may be in someone else's dust, the standard lights (La Paz or other brand lamps) penetrate the dust cloud much better.

I am sure most of us would be using them in a non-dust situation as either the lead truck in a caravan or solo runs. Looking forward to the price becoming less insane... One thing for sure, now that LEDs are the new trick in lighting, that should help reduce the price of HIDs!

Thanks for the photos!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #20
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
wow! looks great