Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM tuning?

View Poll Results: Would you recommend DDM tuning?
Yes! 42 95.45%
No! 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
bhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nice
Name: Ben
bhh2000's Tacoma Gallery
DDM tuning?

I am a teenager, so I am away looking to get the bigest bang for my bux with stuff on my truck since funds are limited.

I have heard both great things and horrible things about DDM tuning, I like their price but don't want to buy something cheaply made. I would like to hear from everyone who has DDM tuning HID's about your experience's and do you think it was money well spent for someone who drives at night a lot ?

also I know 2nd gens have 9003/HB2/H4 bulbs. Is it the same for 1st gens? if not what are the high/low bulbs, thanks
Old 02-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Good stuff but customer service sucks sometimes.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Jcannon is on a distinguished road

Navy: In-Flight Tech
Name: Jay
Jcannon's Tacoma Gallery
I have dealt with them for 3 vehicles now over the course of about 2 yrs. Have dealt with their customer service a couples times and I have had no problems with them. Just recently I had a bulb go bad on me and they replaced it. But that is just me, I know i have read some people having problems with them. I would recommend them.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
First day I had mine I drove through a puddle (not on purpose) and compltely engulfed my fog light housing in water.

Water was in the fog light around the light!!!!

I got the water out let them dry and they fired right up!

I'll be getting my headlights from them soon!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
dealt with them 3 times, awesome!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
bhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nice
Name: Ben
bhh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input guys, now what Color? I know a lot of people have 6000K but I am thinking 4500K because I want maximum visibility.

ohh and 55 Watt vs 35 Watt?
Old 02-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
35 watt is more than enough....55w is hotter on the lenses and there is really minimal difference in lighting output
Old 02-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have a 35 watt 6000K kit on my quad. When you look into it the color os a tad too blue for me but the light is white. When I got HID on the truck I'm going with 5000K. Also no need for 55 watt bulbs.

My camera doesn't catch the color too well.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
If you look in my photo album(I can't get the code from my phone at the moment) you can see 55 watts vs 35 watts on my Offroad lights.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
If you look in my photo album(I can't get the code from my phone at the moment) you can see 55 watts vs 35 watts on my Offroad lights.
Makes me wanna go with 55 watts. But is there any worry of them melting the headlights? cause the heat output has got to be greater.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #11
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Makes me wanna go with 55 watts. But is there any worry of them melting the headlights? cause the heat output has got to be greater.
your stock halogen lights are 55w or 75w so no
Old 02-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #12
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
your stock halogen lights are 55w or 75w so no
I think Hid bulbs burns hotter than halogen.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #13
Greg Graffin 2016

55 35 55
Old 02-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #14
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Id say get it from DDM. I really liked what I ordered from them. Now I'm having problems with one of the components of the kit and their customer service has been very good and very helpful. No problems at all with the warranty either.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #15
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
bought'em cuz all my frends had'em. installed perfect. fog lamp bulbs could use some redesigning. didnt really fit flush into the housing. after about a month, one of my HL balast went out!!! bad deal! but i sent'em back in n got a new one fast, no more than 2 weeks. just waiting to see if the other one is gonna fail too. but overall good product for the price.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Good stuff but customer service sucks everytime.
fixed
Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #17
lopezoscar03 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: 482nd FW Fire Depart.
Name: lopezoscar03@gmail.com
lopezoscar03's Tacoma Gallery
i know this place is pretty slow on shipping but i ordered on the 14 and they shipped out yesterday!!! yeah you gotta wait a little bit to talk to someone but they are still helpful. i also spoke to sharphid owner and hey is a solid person too. very very nice guy and very helpful. that is another choice for ppl who dont want to deal with DDM
Old 02-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #18
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a kit from them last weeks. Works great! Everything is plug and play. I went 5K 35w. It's White, with just a little bit of blue.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #19
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just got a kit from them last weeks. Works great! Everything is plug and play. I went 5K 35w. It's White, with just a little bit of blue.
I wish I got 5k instead of 6k
Old 02-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #20

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
55w 6000k super white