Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM Tuning Ballasts

Old 02-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
DDM Tuning Ballasts

Hi,

So I had a problem with one of my ballasts and I contacted customer service. They are going to replace it but they say that the slim ballast is on back order. They tell me I can wait about 1 month for them to get it or they can send me the Raptor ballasts now.

Right now I have the regular slim ballast they offer. If I were to accept the Raptor, id tell them to change both.

Question, which ballast is better and why? The regular slim ballast or the Raptor ballasts they carry?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Good question, sub'd

I think slim is obviously just slim never heard of raptor....
Old 02-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
I heard of people having problems with the slim ballasts, so i would say the raptor ballasts.

But im just talking out of my ass i have no experience.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
IMO the slim balast warm up the bulbs faster. I have the raptor and it takes a while for them to warm up. And a friend has the slim ballast's and they warm up way faster. We have the same bulbs, 55w 6K.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Well im running 35w 4,500K.

Im not sure if there is a big difference in warm up time. Not sure If I should have gotten the 55w, but im very happy with the 35w. Night and day difference from stock.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
AJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to beholdAJ4X4 is a splendid one to behold
AJ4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Any up dates on which to get. I'm wanting to get a kit for a Kawasaki mule. A little off roading but not much